Try this all

  • Douglas M. Casamer
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2 4:57 PM
      Having own several quality scanners to include the BCD396XT and The GRE PSR 800. Then, most recently enjoying the same frustration many have found with current systems, I down loaded all of the basic to advanced varied scanner applications via my iPhone, which includes seven key apps I really like, repeater apps, and even "HamSphere, and Echo Link", I find very little (I can't find) with regards to any formal scanners system, 800, 900, P25 1 & 2, 140/440 MHz on and on to include the 160-6 HAM Bands at any time on demand with virtually any location, with respect to Police, Fire, Safety to include aircraft. With that said why would I continue to pay $400 plus to listen to traffic I can access currently for only a gran total of $45 per year, and remember much of mine is full communication, Send and Receive!
      W8DMC

      This message was sent classified
      Via iPhone 5. All use restricted to recipient only.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2 5:30 PM
        And can you monitor one talkgroup any time you want or are you
        restricted to listening to everything that is scanning, and then only
        what talkgroups are being scanned?

        Can you monitor more than one feed, for example from two different
        counties like you can on a scanner?

        What is you want to listen to the local vendor, or an unpopular business
        that only has a range of a mile? Are there feeds for that?

        If there were apps that were truly receivers, I might buy your point,
        and your point is valid that there are some really useful apps out
        there. But, if everyone thought the same there would be nobody providing
        the feeds, and there would be no market for scanners. Then your apps
        would be dead too.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2 5:48 PM
          That's cool, yet seem one is limited to the programming of the online radio.
          Amazing apps out there.
          I need a "Girl Friend Stop Processing" App.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2 5:54 PM
            Ah men to that brother!

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2 5:58 PM
              Good points, but then I still own two of the designer scanners, other than a True Military Harrison All Seeing, All knowing, all hearing listening receiver of the Universe!

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2 8:51 PM
                Douglas,

                Can you upload a photo of your Harrison Receiver to the photo section? or send it directly to me since
                this is 396XT land.

                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2 9:43 PM
                  The aged Harrison is now TenTec, ~$20,000.00

                  ----------

                  On Apr 2, 2013, at 11:51 PM, Lance <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:

                  > Douglas,
                  >
                  > Can you upload a photo of your Harrison Receiver to the photo section? or send it directly to me since
                  > this is 396XT land.
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >

                  > On Apr 2, 2013, at 6:58 PM, Douglas M. Casamer wrote:
                  >
                  >> Good points, but then I still own two of the designer scanners, other than a True Military Harrison All Seeing, All knowing, all hearing listening receiver of the Universe!
                  >>
                  >> This message was sent classified
                  >> Via iPhone 5. All use restricted to recipient only.
                  >>
                  >> On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:30 PM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> And can you monitor one talkgroup any time you want or are you
                  >>> restricted to listening to everything that is scanning, and then only
                  >>> what talkgroups are being scanned?
                  >>>
                  >>> Can you monitor more than one feed, for example from two different
                  >>> counties like you can on a scanner?
                  >>>
                  >>> What is you want to listen to the local vendor, or an unpopular business
                  >>> that only has a range of a mile? Are there feeds for that?
                  >>>
                  >>> If there were apps that were truly receivers, I might buy your point,
                  >>> and your point is valid that there are some really useful apps out
                  >>> there. But, if everyone thought the same there would be nobody providing
                  >>> the feeds, and there would be no market for scanners. Then your apps
                  >>> would be dead too.
                  >>>
                  >>> Joe M.

                • john szalay
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 3 5:39 AM
                    I would love to have a receiver like we had at work.
                    all band, all mode,  computerized rig  that we used to check for RF emissions  from
                    the electronics of our product.  was used with a Faraday cage/isolation room,
                     to make sure that nothing else interfered with the testing.
                     the earlier manual model that it replaced costs $42,000, have no idea what the new computerized
                    model cost..   both receivers were amazing...

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 3 6:55 AM
                      deluxe spectrum analyzers     would be the proper name for those I believe..