Re: [BCD396XT] constant scan issue?

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
      Sounds like you have one or more of the Custom or Service Searches enabled and unlocked. To lock it (them?) out, press F+L/O, L/O while it is in the search.

      If you programmed it using a PC and software, you should lock out the search ranges in the software before you send the programming to the scanner.

      UpMan

      >________________________________

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
        yes if you hold down the lockout key TOO LONG (4 seconds or so), the radio will unlock everything and will scan your whole radio. I have 24,750 frequencies in my radio. Takes quite some time to go through all of them, lol
        Bob

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
          I'm also a fairly new owner of a 396XT. I made that same mistake trying
          to unlock something and then spent a fair amount of time figuring out
          how to lock out EVERYTHING again. One of those awww..c**p moments.
          Good learning experience, though.

          Mike