constant scan issue?

  • Justin D.
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
      Hi all,

      I just got this scanner recently. It's a great scanner just having one odd issue that I've never had beore. The problem I'm having is I can't figure out how to get it to 'stop' scanning. What I mean by that is it's constantly scrolling through all the frequencies when I just want it listening to only the agencies I've programmed. Right now I have just a few local police departments programmed via freescan in a single group/site. It was working great for a long time then suddenly my scanner is scrolling through all frequencies and won't just listen for the police departments that I have programmed. I'm still new so I apologize if this sounds like a basic question, been struggling with this for a few hours!

      Mike
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
        Sounds like you have one or more of the Custom or Service Searches enabled and unlocked. To lock it (them?) out, press F+L/O, L/O while it is in the search.

        If you programmed it using a PC and software, you should lock out the search ranges in the software before you send the programming to the scanner.

        UpMan

        >________________________________

      • Bob
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
          yes if you hold down the lockout key TOO LONG (4 seconds or so), the radio will unlock everything and will scan your whole radio. I have 24,750 frequencies in my radio. Takes quite some time to go through all of them, lol
          Bob

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
            I'm also a fairly new owner of a 396XT. I made that same mistake trying
            to unlock something and then spent a fair amount of time figuring out
            how to lock out EVERYTHING again. One of those awww..c**p moments.
            Good learning experience, though.

            Mike