Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Scanners and P25 Simulcast Systems

  • John Stark
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 29, 2013
      And in the case of Indianapolis they had signed a contract that stated the system was to have 11 sites. However AFTER the system was built Motorola cried foul and changed the system into a simulcast system because they would have lost money on the deal. As it was the city ended up paying millions in cost overruns. I still have logs of the system when it was first turned on and two months later it became a simulcast system. When each site had its own frequencies things worked much better for everyone. After the change it has been horrible! It is still an oddball system using four CC's two North of 70 and two South but it all shows up as one simulcast system.