Re: [BCD396XT] 396XT Help.. Ahhhh...

  • Milton Engle
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2013
      The scanner wakes up out of the box scanning the pre-programmed system
      information for Alaska, System Quick Key 21.

      To shut this off press the following keys: [ ./No] [2] [1]. The scanner
      will sound 3 quick beeps and display "Nothing to Scan".

      To program the scanner start by pressing the Menu key the create a
      conventional system and name it and assign it to System Quick Key 1. Then
      create a group in that system and name it and assign it to a Group Quick Key
      (0-9 or .) If you choose the decimal point ( . ) as the quick key the group
      can not be turned on/off via the keypad.

      Now enter your frequencies and any subaudible codes (if known).

      Press Scan and 1 and you should be scanning the frequencies entered.

      Disclaimer: This was done from memory without a scanner in front of me to
      verify keys etc. It should be enough to get you started.

      Milt