Re: [BCD396XT] 396XT Help.. Ahhhh...

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22 8:50 AM
      Most of the pre-loaded information is obselete by several years. Just
      delete them.
      Using Menu/Program System. Rotated knob on top to desired system, push down
      on knob and rotate to Delete system.

      Clark

      At 07:36 AM 3/22/2013, you wrote:

      >I am about to pull my hair out with this scanner. I even ordered the
      >updated manual from Scanner Master and I still can not make heads or tails
      >of this scanner. I want to enter some frequencies to scan.
      >
      >When I press scan, the Alaska preprogrammed scans. That is all I get.
      >
      >Here is what I want to do. I have the frequencies for the Oregon State
      >Parks. 159.225 and 159.390. I want to enter them and name those two
      >frequencies and name the group OSP, just as Alaska is named. And then
      >select OSP and scan. No place in the Factory or Scanner Master manual does
      >it say where to do it.
      >
      >I get all this information, which I would like to learn.But, for a novice,
      >wouldn't be a great idea for a Quick Start section, to take one step by
      >step to do some of the basic functions. Or, is this scanner for experts
      >and not for new users.
      >
      >Can someone direct me to a site or a help group to help me get started
      >with the scanner. I have a PC but will not have access to it until the
      >Fall. So, what I do I am doing by the scanner itself. I use a MAC, and
      >understand there is NO programming apps for a Mac.
      >
      >Thanks
    • Milton Engle
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22 10:40 AM
        The scanner wakes up out of the box scanning the pre-programmed system
        information for Alaska, System Quick Key 21.

        To shut this off press the following keys: [ ./No] [2] [1]. The scanner
        will sound 3 quick beeps and display "Nothing to Scan".

        To program the scanner start by pressing the Menu key the create a
        conventional system and name it and assign it to System Quick Key 1. Then
        create a group in that system and name it and assign it to a Group Quick Key
        (0-9 or .) If you choose the decimal point ( . ) as the quick key the group
        can not be turned on/off via the keypad.

        Now enter your frequencies and any subaudible codes (if known).

        Press Scan and 1 and you should be scanning the frequencies entered.

        Disclaimer: This was done from memory without a scanner in front of me to
        verify keys etc. It should be enough to get you started.

        Milt