Re: [BCD396XT] Scan stopped working correctly

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 15, 2013
      Check your squelch setting [FUNC (scroll knob)]. It should be about 02.

      Joe M.

      derekpwood@... wrote:
      > I recently bought this scanner from ScannerMaster and they programmed it
      > for me. It is running firmware 1.10. I must have changed a setting but
      > am unsure. The scanning of all the programmed police, fire, etc
      > frequencies is going very slow, some times just stays on one police
      > frequency even though Hold was not pushed, and I am also getting Air,
      > Military Air, Railroad and similar even though I never used to see them.
      > I just want it to work as it did when I got it. Scan through all
      > programmed systems quickly and stop when a communication is heard.
      > Could I have changed one or more settings? Thank you for any help.

    • calandcin
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "derekpwood@..." <derekpwood@...> wrote:

        > I recently bought this scanner from ScannerMaster and they programmed it
        > for me. It is running firmware 1.10. I must have changed a setting but
        > am unsure. The scanning of all the programmed police, fire, etc
        > frequencies is going very slow, some times just stays on one police
        > frequency even though Hold was not pushed, and I am also getting Air,
        > Military Air, Railroad and similar even though I never used to see them.
        > I just want it to work as it did when I got it. Scan through all
        > programmed systems quickly and stop when a communication is heard.
        > Could I have changed one or more settings? Thank you for any help.

        Sounds like you may have accidently turned on the close call feature. Hold on any channel and then press the function button and then press the hold button. Keep pressing the hold button until close call is off.
      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
          Yes, you could have inadvertently changed something. That's why all users
          should at least, make an effort to learn how to use and program their
          scanner properly.

          Clark

          At 10:14 PM 3/15/2013, you wrote:

          >I recently bought this scanner from ScannerMaster and they programmed it
          >for me. It is running firmware 1.10. I must have changed a setting but
          >am unsure. The scanning of all the programmed police, fire, etc
          >frequencies is going very slow, some times just stays on one police
          >frequency even though Hold was not pushed, and I am also getting Air,
          >Military Air, Railroad and similar even though I never used to see them.
          >I just want it to work as it did when I got it. Scan through all
          >programmed systems quickly and stop when a communication is heard.
          >Could I have changed one or more settings? Thank you for any help.
        • chris451
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
            The scanner will do that when close call scan is turned on,
            the only fix is to turn off the quick key associated with the bank that
            close call scan is set to record
            hits into.
            The mode is useful when you want to scan close call hits.

            On 3/16/2013 9:28 AM, Clark Rennie wrote:

            > Yes, you could have inadvertently changed something. That's why all users
            > should at least, make an effort to learn how to use and program their
            > scanner properly.
            >
            > Clark
            >
            > At 10:14 PM 3/15/2013, you wrote:
            >
            > >I recently bought this scanner from ScannerMaster and they programmed it
            > >for me. It is running firmware 1.10. I must have changed a setting but
            > >am unsure. The scanning of all the programmed police, fire, etc
            > >frequencies is going very slow, some times just stays on one police
            > >frequency even though Hold was not pushed, and I am also getting Air,
            > >Military Air, Railroad and similar even though I never used to see them.
            > >I just want it to work as it did when I got it. Scan through all
            > >programmed systems quickly and stop when a communication is heard.
            > >Could I have changed one or more settings? Thank you for any help.

          • John L Waller
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 16, 2013
              Not to mention backing up all systems before making any changes....

              JohnW

            • derekpwood@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
                Looking into it more, it seems that the Scan is including all of the "Services", like Railroad, Air, etc, into the scan of my programmed systems. How do I remove the scanning of these services? I just want to hear the systems that were programmed into my scanner from the dealer. BTW, I did do a backup of the programmed systems to my computer using the software ARC XT. Thank you for all the responses so far.

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
                  You need to lock them out. You can do this via Freescan programming software, there is a section for it.
                  Have not tried this using ARC XT.
                  Perhaps other users know of the tab or page where you can do that...

                  -Lance

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 21, 2013
                    Yes, thank you for everyone's help. I got my scan working fine now. I used ARC-XT to look at the configuration. Under the Services section, I saw that Railroad, Air, and Military Air were not locked out so I changed them and reloaded the new configuration. All is well. ARC-XT is a great program to see all loaded systems and the config of the scanner. Derek