Re: [BCD396XT] Re: New Owner

  • John Stark
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 15, 2013
      They work. I have used one the past Coue of years. I do however use a seperate screen at home. I have it connected to a 20" LCD tv that has all kinds of inputs on it and it only cost around a hundred bucks. Have the same screen for my security system too. And once again got them from TigerDirect. Seem to get a lot of things there.

      "richard.venneman" <rvenneman@...> wrote:

      >Would a netbook with 1 GB of memory work? Funny, but I gave a PC laptop to my son and one to my ex before I moved to Oregon. I only have a macbook and now I need a PC. I can get a netwook for a little money. What do you think?
      >
      >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "surfer2450" <surfer2450@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Got another one dropped off here to-day, 800mhz, Windows 2000 Pro,
      >> 10 gig HD,, its too slow and limited to be of any good, or waste time
      >> on, about the only thing it would useful for would be to program the scanner or play simple games.. useless for net
      >> so, to the recycle center it goes.............
      >>

      >> John in Ky
      >>

      >> --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Lance <milcom_chaser@> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Kudos John for being environmentally conscious about old legacy machines,
      >> > I feel the same way, and when I run across them, I flush them with zero's and find
      >> > people who need them.

    • Dave Landrum
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 16, 2013
        For the price of a Netbook, you can run a virtual machine on your Mac. There are several VM's available, some free. Install Windows on your Mac.

        I use Win7 and VMware Fusion. The drivers for the programming cable even have Mac versions.

        It's the best of both worlds.

        Dave L.

        Sent from an Apple iGadget.

        On Mar 15, 2013, at 22:01, "richard.venneman" <rvenneman@...> wrote:

        > Would a netbook with 1 GB of memory work? Funny, but I gave a PC laptop to my son and one to my ex before I moved to Oregon. I only have a macbook and now I need a PC. I can get a netwook for a little money. What do you think?
        >
        > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "surfer2450" <surfer2450@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Got another one dropped off here to-day, 800mhz, Windows 2000 Pro,
        > > 10 gig HD,, its too slow and limited to be of any good, or waste time
        > > on, about the only thing it would useful for would be to program the scanner or play simple games.. useless for net
        > > so, to the recycle center it goes.............
        > >

        > > John in Ky
        > >

        > > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Lance <milcom_chaser@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Kudos John for being environmentally conscious about old legacy machines,
        > > > I feel the same way, and when I run across them, I flush them with zero's and find
        > > > people who need them.

      • Dannypa_27
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 16, 2013
          I was just thinking the same thing. Advantage here you would be using the Mac you love. If you wanted to travel and wanted to hook it up to scanner at hotel and also wanted the MacBook forcsurfing, etc you would only need to take the Mac.

          Be tuff for a cheap PC to match your Mac Book Pro.

          Sent from my iPhone