Re: [BCD396XT] Programming Issues

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013
      You probably don't have any previous versions of the update program if you
      have never performed any updates.
      Just go here and follow the instructions explicitly. It's easy.
      http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate

      Clark

      At 03:55 PM 3/9/2013, you wrote:

      >hi new to the group here. bought my first nightmare radio.
      >I have had a scanner ever since the old Pro-4a came out and have bought
      >realistic ever since until RS got to good to carry them.
      >So I guess I have a real learning curve with this radio since I am use to
      >banks and channels and such and the ..... manual, uh that came with it is
      >almost useless to me. (I feel sorry for those without a internet
      >connection)an I can't seem to sit long enough to wrap it all 'round my head.
      >I think it is a good enough radio IF only I understood it.
      >I downloaded the BCTool program to program it with the aid of Radio
      >Reference but that just gets me to where I can listen to it. I have no
      >knowledge about the qiuck keys ect and when I first fired it up it was
      >doing Alaska... I am over 2000 miles from there and had no intrest in it's
      >running SO I deleted it then I noticed it was scanning the other 20+ some
      >states..wow, really so I deleted them too. however that didn't solve my
      >problem since I live in one county and work in another I only want it to
      >scan one at a time as to not waste my response time on the signals.
      >well I guess that is enough ranting and raving..LOL
      > Can someone tell me how to update the firmware and what is this about
      > deleting the previous one in the "BCSS" directory?
      >

      >Mark
    • Mark Mitchell
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013
        Thanks, got it in.
        just wished programming was that easy.

        Mark

        --
        Mark ~

      • john szalay
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013
          It is,  once you sit down and decide how to set up, whom you wish to monitor..

           If you look at some of the canned programs and look at some of the programming
          that others use,   with Freescan , its pretty much straight forward..

                                      John in Ky

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 9, 2013
            Good day,

            If you aim you query to the Services utilities, stations and
            the State you live in etc. I am sure the people here will
            point you in the right direction

            Pom
            From sunny Australia

            On Sun 10-Mar-2013 1:55 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:

            > Thanks, got it in.
            > just wished programming was that easy.
            >
            > Mark
            >
            > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Clark Rennie
            > <c.rennie1@... <mailto:c.rennie1%40verizon.net>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > You probably don't have any previous versions of the
            > update program if you
            > > have never performed any updates.
            > > Just go here and follow the instructions explicitly.
            > It's easy.
            > >
            > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate
            > >
            > > Clark
            > >

            > > At 03:55 PM 3/9/2013, you wrote:
            > >
            > > >hi new to the group here. bought my first nightmare radio.
            > > >I have had a scanner ever since the old Pro-4a came out
            > and have bought
            > > >realistic ever since until RS got to good to carry them.
            > > >So I guess I have a real learning curve with this radio
            > since I am use to
            > > >banks and channels and such and the ..... manual, uh
            > that came with it is
            > > >almost useless to me. (I feel sorry for those without a
            > internet
            > > >connection)an I can't seem to sit long enough to wrap
            > it all 'round my
            > > head.
            > > >I think it is a good enough radio IF only I understood it.
            > > >I downloaded the BCTool program to program it with the
            > aid of Radio
            > > >Reference but that just gets me to where I can listen
            > to it. I have no
            > > >knowledge about the qiuck keys ect and when I first
            > fired it up it was
            > > >doing Alaska... I am over 2000 miles from there and had
            > no intrest in
            > > it's
            > > >running SO I deleted it then I noticed it was scanning
            > the other 20+ some
            > > >states..wow, really so I deleted them too. however that
            > didn't solve my
            > > >problem since I live in one county and work in another
            > I only want it to
            > > >scan one at a time as to not waste my response time on
            > the signals.
            > > >well I guess that is enough ranting and raving..LOL
            > > > Can someone tell me how to update the firmware and
            > what is this about
            > > > deleting the previous one in the "BCSS" directory?
            > > >

            > > >Mark
            > >

            > --
            > Mark ~

          • Mark Mitchell
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 10, 2013
              Thanks John, you may be on something, this Freescan seems to be alot closer
              to the starrsoft programs I was using and still do with my pro-92, 95, 96
              and 97 for my analog and some digital needs. however, Kansas is where my
              mother and mother-n-law lives and they run a different breed of cat and my
              96 is the only one that is capable of it however it needs a $5 volume
              switch and the finals tuned and I don't want to spend $30+ a hour for the
              same service a could do if I had the parts. also the 96 is the only
              rebandable radio in the lot.
              one other thing that I noticed and I don't know if it is just a bctool
              thing but I can lock out a tag id and when it runs it shows up like a bad
              penny I don't have nor do I plan to attach a gps to it however it maybe in
              the cc (Close Call) settings somewhere that it pulls it back in somehow.

              Mark
              from the rainy, windy and cold state of Missouri, U.S.A.

              On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM, alan <alexwagga@...> wrote:

              > Good day,
              >
              > If you aim you query to the Services utilities, stations and
              > the State you live in etc. I am sure the people here will
              > point you in the right direction
              >
              > Pom
              > From sunny Australia
              >
              > On Sun 10-Mar-2013 1:55 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
              > >
              > > Thanks, got it in.
              > > just wished programming was that easy.
              > >
              > > Mark
              > >
              > > On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Clark Rennie
              > > <c.rennie1@... <mailto:c.rennie1%40verizon.net>>
              > > wrote:
              > >
              > > > **
              > > >

              > > > You probably don't have any previous versions of the
              > > update program if you
              > > > have never performed any updates.
              > > > Just go here and follow the instructions explicitly.
              > > It's easy.
              > > >
              > > http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate
              > > >
              > > > Clark

              > > and have bought