Printable Quick Reference

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2009
      (This was started on RadioReference, but roughly parallels recent discussions in this group, too.)

      I think there are a couple of different modes of use:
      1) Programming
      2) Using

      Programming is hard to document in a fixed format...every system programs differently, depending not only on the type of system but on the individual user's interests. Hard to boil programming down to a "one sheeter."

      Using, on the other hand, could probably be boiled down to a one- or two-page quick reference (although certain things like SQK/GQK/SK/Channel Tags would vary by individual user).

      So (and here's something else I could never do with a printed O/M) continue to discuss here, but if you get a good idea for something that should be included in a quick reference, go over to QuickReferenceInput < UnidenMan4 < TWiki and submit it. I've "seeded" the table with a few examples but don't have time to fully populate it right now. (If someone is updating the table, you'll get an error when you click EDIT on the table. Give them some time to finish, then try again.)
       UPMan

    • dmascanning.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2009
        Paul,

        I registered my two BCD396XTs and my BC346XT scanners today and now the My
        Scanners site has a "Get V3 Registration Key" beside each. Since the current
        firmware is major version 1 is this an error?

        Thanks,
        Don, KE4JD

      • Paul Opitz
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2009
          It is a glitch on the site. I'll get it fixed tomorrow.