Re: [BCD396XT] Choppy P25 Transmissions

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2013
      Have you applied the latest firmware upgrade to the radio?

      On Mar 8, 2013, at 7:31 AM, John wrote:

      > I am new to the BCD396XT and P25 systems. The P25 systems that I have programmed sometimes sounds broken or choppy. Is there a setting or something I'm missing?

    • John
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2013
        I'm currently running 1.10.00. Is there a newer version?

        > Have you applied the latest firmware upgrade to the radio?
        >

        > On Mar 8, 2013, at 7:31 AM, John wrote:
        >
        > > I am new to the BCD396XT and P25 systems. The P25 systems that I have programmed sometimes sounds broken or choppy. Is there a setting or something I'm missing?

      • kc9vzv
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2013

        • John Stark
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 8, 2013
            First download the updater BCVup then the firmware update. Run the updater and it will ask you to pick the scanner model and install the new firmware

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 8, 2013
              And note that the BC-VUP has been updated,
              so make sure you DL the new one and run that.

              Joe M.

              John Stark wrote:
              > First download the updater BCVup then the firmware update. Run the updater and it will ask you to pick the scanner model and install the new firmware

              > John <john_benoist@...> wrote:
              >
              >> I'm currently running 1.10.00. Is there a newer version?
              >>
              >> --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Lance <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:
              >>> Have you applied the latest firmware upgrade to the radio?

            • kd6ajg
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 9, 2013
                Make sure you don't have a priority channel on or weather priority on. All those things will make your audio sound choppy as the radio checks the priority channels. .

                Tony