Re: [BCD396XT] cracked case

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
      Why not send it to Uniden for repair ?
      Go here to start the process http://www.uniden.com/page/productrepair

      Clark

      At 08:51 PM 3/5/2013, you wrote:

      >My 396XT now as a small crack in the case, from being dropped or hit with
      >something, I'm not sure which. I noticed it for the first time only
      >because I could see blue light coming through the crack when the led lit
      >up on the display. The crack is located on the upper left rounded corner
      >of the case, between the function/menu button and the antenna, is less
      >than a quarter inch wide top to bottom and lengthwise, is a little less
      >than half the depth of the case itself front to back.
      >
      >I don't have the piece of plastic that was chipped away when this
      >happened, unfortunately.
      >
      >I have put a piece of electrical tape over the crack. But, I'm wondering
      >if anyone might know of a better option. I'm worried about taking the
      >scanner out of the house now, because I'm afraid contaminants will get
      >inside the case and the scanner will stop working.
      >
      >Thanks in advance
      >Glenn
    • Daniel I Maas
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
        Try some Sugru. http://www.sugru.com The stuff is amazing and the web site has lots of user submitted hacks. A must have for any do-it-yourselfer.
        Dan

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
          Sugru! I think that is what I would us to fix it!
          http://sugru.com/

          I purchased a small sample pack last year, and LOVE the versatility of it!

          Donald W. Chapman - N5RVR

        • John Stark
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2013
            I'd suggest ordering a new case they are inexpensive and easy to replace.

            Using glues as mentioned csm have bad results. The wrong stuff could make the plastic brittle or even melt it.
            I think a complete case is less than $15 and definitely less than $20