Re: [BCD396XT] Programming BCD396xt

  • Clark Rennie
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013
      With the BCD396XT, System Quick Keys (SQK ) for Trunk systems are assigned
      at the "Site" level.
      Clark

      At 01:30 PM 2/27/2013, you wrote:

      >Just got a BCD396XT, trying to get used to the programming. I downloaded
      >freescan to program it, but not sure if I did it correctly. I liv in
      >California so what I did is the following:
      >I made up a new system, named it Cities. I then added groups to that
      >system and named them after each City that I wanted to monitor. I then
      >placed all the conventional freqs for each city under its respective group
      >and then assigned that group a quick key so that I could monitor,un
      >monitor as needed. I then downloaded some trunked systems but not sure how
      >to assign a quick key to them. Can anyone give me some direction please.
      >I can upload the file for you so that you can see if correct or where I
      >need to fix.
      >Thanks!!
    • dataman60435
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013
        That is true "Clark", but when i create a "New System", i also # that so when u press "menu"and "scroll" ur Systems u can also see ur #ing...Then i made a cheat sheet with #ing starting at (1) etc just to keep tabs on my 52 systems programmed in the scanner....Just my thoughts!....

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

        > With the BCD396XT, System Quick Keys (SQK ) for Trunk systems are assigned
        > at the "Site" level.
        > Clark
        >

        > At 01:30 PM 2/27/2013, you wrote:
        >
        > >Just got a BCD396XT, trying to get used to the programming. I downloaded
        > >freescan to program it, but not sure if I did it correctly. I liv in
        > >California so what I did is the following:
        > >I made up a new system, named it Cities. I then added groups to that
        > >system and named them after each City that I wanted to monitor. I then
        > >placed all the conventional freqs for each city under its respective group
        > >and then assigned that group a quick key so that I could monitor,un
        > >monitor as needed. I then downloaded some trunked systems but not sure how
        > >to assign a quick key to them. Can anyone give me some direction please.
        > >I can upload the file for you so that you can see if correct or where I
        > >need to fix.
        > >Thanks!!

      • Eric Knippert
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013
          On 2/28/2013 11:46 AM, dataman60435 wrote:

          > That is true "Clark", but when i create a "New System", i also # that so
          > when u press "menu"and "scroll" ur Systems u can also see ur #ing...Then
          > i made a cheat sheet with #ing starting at (1) etc just to keep tabs on
          > my 52 systems programmed in the scanner....Just my thoughts!....

          Hint: Not everyone speaks "Tweet." Try plain old English. We aren't
          character limited here.
        • Clark Rennie
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013

            Clark

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013
              #ing meaning numbering. I think that's it for "Tweet Speak"