Programming BCD396xt

  • salrios_25
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013
      Just got a BCD396XT, trying to get used to the programming. I downloaded freescan to program it, but not sure if I did it correctly. I liv in California so what I did is the following:
      I made up a new system, named it Cities. I then added groups to that system and named them after each City that I wanted to monitor. I then placed all the conventional freqs for each city under its respective group and then assigned that group a quick key so that I could monitor,un monitor as needed. I then downloaded some trunked systems but not sure how to assign a quick key to them. Can anyone give me some direction please.
      I can upload the file for you so that you can see if correct or where I need to fix.
      Thanks!!
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013
        The System Quick Key is assigned in each Site for trunked systems.

        The Group Quick Key is assigned the same way it is for conventional.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013
          What I do for all Systems and Groups is put a number before the name like this:

          1 LACOFD
          1 Dispatch
          2 Tactical
          3 Mutual Aid
          4 "Your Group name here"

          2 LAX
          1 Airline Ops
          2 APP/DEP
          3 "Your Group name here"

          So, if you forget which system uses what quick key, now you can assign the Quick Key to the System number. Same with Groups as well.

          On Feb 27, 2013, at 2:30 PM, salrios_25 wrote:

          > Just got a BCD396XT, trying to get used to the programming. I downloaded freescan to program it, but not sure if I did it correctly. I liv in California so what I did is the following:
          > I made up a new system, named it Cities. I then added groups to that system and named them after each City that I wanted to monitor. I then placed all the conventional freqs for each city under its respective group and then assigned that group a quick key so that I could monitor,un monitor as needed. I then downloaded some trunked systems but not sure how to assign a quick key to them. Can anyone give me some direction please.
          > I can upload the file for you so that you can see if correct or where I need to fix.
          > Thanks!!

        • Clark Rennie
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013
            With the BCD396XT, System Quick Keys (SQK ) for Trunk systems are assigned
            at the "Site" level.
            Clark

            At 01:30 PM 2/27/2013, you wrote:

            >Just got a BCD396XT, trying to get used to the programming. I downloaded
            >freescan to program it, but not sure if I did it correctly. I liv in
            >California so what I did is the following:
            >I made up a new system, named it Cities. I then added groups to that
            >system and named them after each City that I wanted to monitor. I then
            >placed all the conventional freqs for each city under its respective group
            >and then assigned that group a quick key so that I could monitor,un
            >monitor as needed. I then downloaded some trunked systems but not sure how
            >to assign a quick key to them. Can anyone give me some direction please.
            >I can upload the file for you so that you can see if correct or where I
            >need to fix.
            >Thanks!!
          • dataman60435
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013
              That is true "Clark", but when i create a "New System", i also # that so when u press "menu"and "scroll" ur Systems u can also see ur #ing...Then i made a cheat sheet with #ing starting at (1) etc just to keep tabs on my 52 systems programmed in the scanner....Just my thoughts!....

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...> wrote:

              > With the BCD396XT, System Quick Keys (SQK ) for Trunk systems are assigned
              > at the "Site" level.
              > Clark
              >

              > At 01:30 PM 2/27/2013, you wrote:
              >
              > >Just got a BCD396XT, trying to get used to the programming. I downloaded
              > >freescan to program it, but not sure if I did it correctly. I liv in
              > >California so what I did is the following:
              > >I made up a new system, named it Cities. I then added groups to that
              > >system and named them after each City that I wanted to monitor. I then
              > >placed all the conventional freqs for each city under its respective group
              > >and then assigned that group a quick key so that I could monitor,un
              > >monitor as needed. I then downloaded some trunked systems but not sure how
              > >to assign a quick key to them. Can anyone give me some direction please.
              > >I can upload the file for you so that you can see if correct or where I
              > >need to fix.
              > >Thanks!!

            • Eric Knippert
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013
                On 2/28/2013 11:46 AM, dataman60435 wrote:

                > That is true "Clark", but when i create a "New System", i also # that so
                > when u press "menu"and "scroll" ur Systems u can also see ur #ing...Then
                > i made a cheat sheet with #ing starting at (1) etc just to keep tabs on
                > my 52 systems programmed in the scanner....Just my thoughts!....

                Hint: Not everyone speaks "Tweet." Try plain old English. We aren't
                character limited here.
              • Clark Rennie
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013

                  Clark

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 28, 2013
                    #ing meaning numbering. I think that's it for "Tweet Speak"