I'll be more specific...

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2013
      Let me be more specific. I have a EDACS single site system with plenty of TGID's in it.
      I put the radio in HOLD, and then I entered a TGID, the radio of course wants to know if
      it should be Quick Saved, I say NO, then when it presents me a menu of trunked systems, the
      one I have been listening to does not appear. So, I can't pop the TGID into it...

      Bizarre...

      -Lance
      On Feb 22, 2013, at 10:38 PM, Lance wrote:

      > So, I'm scanning an EDACS system. Well, actually I have it searching (ID Search).
      > Now if I put the radio on hold on a programmed TGID, and then go to do a direct
      > entry, the radio asks me what system I want to put it in, but my system is not listed.
      >
      > Why is that? I shouldn't have to jump out of the system to add a TG on the fly...
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > -Lance

    • John Stark
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2013
        When it asks if you want to save it to the Quick Save group say Yes otherwise it thinks you want it saved to another system which is what its trying to do.
        The reason is that there are many trunked systems that TGID's can be used by multiple systems and some only want that ID in one of the shstems.

        Lance <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:

        >Let me be more specific. I have a EDACS single site system with plenty of TGID's in it.
        >I put the radio in HOLD, and then I entered a TGID, the radio of course wants to know if
        >it should be Quick Saved, I say NO, then when it presents me a menu of trunked systems, the
        >one I have been listening to does not appear. So, I can't pop the TGID into it...
        >
        >Bizarre...
        >
        >-Lance
        >On Feb 22, 2013, at 10:38 PM, Lance wrote:
        >
        >> So, I'm scanning an EDACS system. Well, actually I have it searching (ID Search).
        >> Now if I put the radio on hold on a programmed TGID, and then go to do a direct
        >> entry, the radio asks me what system I want to put it in, but my system is not listed.
        >>
        >> Why is that? I shouldn't have to jump out of the system to add a TG on the fly...
        >>
        >> Thanks.
        >>
        >> -Lance

      • dataman60435
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2013
          You must not have the "Trunk System in question assigned to a SQK, and no GQKeys as when i do what i posted in post #7303 i just say NO to the "Quick Save" and it gives me a selection of what "GROUP" under the "Trunk System " i want the new TG placed?....

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 25, 2013
            Thanks Dataman,

            I do have a SQK, and 7 GQKeys. I think when I enter the TG, it lacked the space between
            the first to digits, in following the Uniden AFS format.

            Scan and Learn.

            Thanks to the rest of the group for your input.

            -Lance