Adding TGID in EDACS

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2013
      So, I'm scanning an EDACS system. Well, actually I have it searching (ID Search).
      Now if I put the radio on hold on a programmed TGID, and then go to do a direct
      entry, the radio asks me what system I want to put it in, but my system is not listed.

      Why is that? I shouldn't have to jump out of the system to add a TG on the fly...

      Thanks.

      -Lance
    • David
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
        Doesn't it ask you what "GROUP" you want to store it in?

        <http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml#program%20displayed%20ID>

        Storing a Displayed ID (in ID Search Mode) Contents
        To store a displayed ID into an existing group during ID Search mode, press E/yes.
        You will see 'Quick TGID Save?' in the display then press (.)no.
        At the 'Select Group' prompt, scroll to the group where you want to store the ID and press E/yes.
        After storing the ID, you will be at the 'Edit Channel' menu to complete the settings for the new channel.
        If you don't want to edit the channel settings or are done editing the channel, press Scan/Srch to return to scanning.
        To store a displayed ID into a 'Quick Save Group' during ID Search, press E/yes.
        You will see 'Quick TGID Save?' in the display then press E/yes again.
        The scanner stores the ID into a (created) channel group called 'Qck Save Grp' and you will be at the 'Edit Channel' menu to complete the settings for the new channel.
        If you don't want to edit the channel settings or are done editing the channel, press Scan/Srch to return to scanning.

        Note: If the ID is already stored in the group, 'TGID Exists' Accept? (Y/N)' appears. Press (.)no to return to searching (or search hold) or E/yes to go to the 'Edit Channel' menu.

        > So, I'm scanning an EDACS system. Well, actually I have it searching (ID Search).
        > Now if I put the radio on hold on a programmed TGID, and then go to do a direct
        > entry, the radio asks me what system I want to put it in, but my system is not listed.
        >
        > Why is that? I shouldn't have to jump out of the system to add a TG on the fly...
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > -Lance

      • dataman60435
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
          If u hold on a TG in the System, press "E", the menu for the TG is available, scroll counterclockwise one notch and it says "NEW CHANNEL", u can now add a new TG quickly to the system, then name it etc....Then press scan and it will continue on the system with the new TG....

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 24, 2013
            Let me be more specific. I have a EDACS single site system with plenty of TGID's in it.
            I put the radio in HOLD, and then I entered a TGID, the radio of course wants to know if
            it should be Quick Saved, I say NO, then when it presents me a menu of trunked systems, the
            one I have been listening to does not appear. So, I can't pop the TGID into it...

            Bizarre...

            -Lance
            On Feb 22, 2013, at 10:38 PM, Lance wrote:

            > So, I'm scanning an EDACS system. Well, actually I have it searching (ID Search).
            > Now if I put the radio on hold on a programmed TGID, and then go to do a direct
            > entry, the radio asks me what system I want to put it in, but my system is not listed.
            >
            > Why is that? I shouldn't have to jump out of the system to add a TG on the fly...
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > -Lance

          • John Stark
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 24, 2013
              When it asks if you want to save it to the Quick Save group say Yes otherwise it thinks you want it saved to another system which is what its trying to do.
              The reason is that there are many trunked systems that TGID's can be used by multiple systems and some only want that ID in one of the shstems.

              Lance <milcom_chaser@...> wrote:

              >Let me be more specific. I have a EDACS single site system with plenty of TGID's in it.
              >I put the radio in HOLD, and then I entered a TGID, the radio of course wants to know if
              >it should be Quick Saved, I say NO, then when it presents me a menu of trunked systems, the
              >one I have been listening to does not appear. So, I can't pop the TGID into it...
              >
              >Bizarre...
              >
              >-Lance
              >On Feb 22, 2013, at 10:38 PM, Lance wrote:
              >
              >> So, I'm scanning an EDACS system. Well, actually I have it searching (ID Search).
              >> Now if I put the radio on hold on a programmed TGID, and then go to do a direct
              >> entry, the radio asks me what system I want to put it in, but my system is not listed.
              >>
              >> Why is that? I shouldn't have to jump out of the system to add a TG on the fly...
              >>
              >> Thanks.
              >>
              >> -Lance

            • dataman60435
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 25, 2013
                You must not have the "Trunk System in question assigned to a SQK, and no GQKeys as when i do what i posted in post #7303 i just say NO to the "Quick Save" and it gives me a selection of what "GROUP" under the "Trunk System " i want the new TG placed?....

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 25, 2013
                  Thanks Dataman,

                  I do have a SQK, and 7 GQKeys. I think when I enter the TG, it lacked the space between
                  the first to digits, in following the Uniden AFS format.

                  Scan and Learn.

                  Thanks to the rest of the group for your input.

                  -Lance