RE: [BCD396XT] Testing antennas

  • John L Waller
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
      Thanks for the ideas. What is needed is a transmitter the broadcasts at a
      consistent power, and either 24/7 or fixed predictable intervals. I suppose
      the ideal would be a transmitter in each of several bands. One problem
      with dispatch channels, if I am thinking of the same thing, is that
      different agencies in our operate on the same frequencies so signal strength
      will vary depending on the location. Of course, the ideal setup would be to
      use a mast mounted antenna, but I have to clear that with the landlord, plus
      find a local supplier of mastsJ

      JohnW

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
        Actually, if they are all operating through the same repeater, the output power will be the same no matter what agency is currently transmitting.

        UpMan

      • Ross
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
          If the frequency is a repeater output then there will be no difference in signal strength no matter who is using the frequency

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2013
            And even if they use different transmitters, just make
            sure your comparison is based on the same agency.

            Joe M.