Order change

  • Brian Hall
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009
      I ordered my BCD396XT from Scanner Master Tuesday, March 24. Two days later
      I got an e-mail asking for the three-digit code from my credit card. I
      e-mailed the code back to them immediately. Just yesterday (Monday, March
      30), I got another e-mail asking for the code. I found out that the order
      hadn't even shipped yet. I e-mailed Scanner Master several times since the
      order asking for a confirmation and an updated status, but got no replies.
      After several days of delayed responses, I canceled my order with Scanner
      Master. I ordered this morning from CEI (www.usascan.com) for $489.95 (with
      shipping included), and hope to receive my BCD396XT by next week.

    • torontokris
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009
        Scanner Master is out of stock now. That could be why the delay now.

        Possibly in the time that they didnt have your 3 digit pin # (they cant process your order) they shipped all the remaining stock (I bet they are flying off the shelf).

        I was worried as Im in Canada, I figured there would be a delay. I ordered from Scanner Master last week as well included my pin and it shipped the next morning. Couldnt be happier. I couldnt order from CEi due to the $60 shipping to Canada rate CEI charges.

        Think on the bright side... CEI is cheaper for you anyway, so it all worked out.

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Hall" <bhall007@...> wrote:

        > I ordered my BCD396XT from Scanner Master Tuesday, March 24. Two days later
        > I got an e-mail asking for the three-digit code from my credit card. I
        > e-mailed the code back to them immediately. Just yesterday (Monday, March
        > 30), I got another e-mail asking for the code. I found out that the order
        > hadn't even shipped yet. I e-mailed Scanner Master several times since the
        > order asking for a confirmation and an updated status, but got no replies.
        > After several days of delayed responses, I canceled my order with Scanner
        > Master. I ordered this morning from CEI (www.usascan.com) for $489.95 (with
        > shipping included), and hope to receive my BCD396XT by next week.
      • Peter Laws
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009
          On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:21, torontokris <torontokris@...> wrote:
          > Scanner Master is out of stock now. That could be why the delay now.
          >
          > Possibly in the time that they didnt have your 3 digit pin # (they cant process your order) they shipped all the remaining stock (I bet they are flying off the shelf).

          CCV, not PIN, but yeah - judging from how long it took to get through
          to them last week and the fact that they are OOS now flying is a good
          term.

          Mine is in a silver trailer, probably on a flat car, somewhere between
          the UPS Hub in Chicago and here. Thursday, it will be in my hot
          little hands. :-)

        • just_a_radio_guy
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009
            I have placed order online at scannermaster.com 2 days ago. They promised to ship immediately, but item not yet shipped out.

            When I did the order, 396XT have been noted as In Stock.

            Someone spoke here that they provide the best service...
          • charles hamlin
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009
              i have ordered from them awhile back and orderd the 396t and got it in bout a week. it takes two or three days to process the order even if in stock. also depends how you paid, and what kind of shipping you ask for.

            • Don.Curtis@att.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009
                They are very good. There are times, especially like now when a new model just comes out, where their initial supply isn't enough to supply the initial orders and pre-orders. It may well have been in stock when you started your order process, but by the time you finished it, it might have been out of stock.

                Give them a call, I'm sure they'll be happy to let you know when your order should ship.

                -------------- Original message from "just_a_radio_guy" <eika@...>: --------------

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009
                  On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 13:54, charles hamlin <chamlin555@...> wrote:

                  > i have ordered from them awhile back and orderd the 396t and got it in bout a week. it takes two or three days to process the order even if in stock. also depends how you paid, and what kind of shipping you ask for.

                  Ordered from Scanner Master Wednesday, they got them in Friday and it
                  went into the UPS system that day. It's due here Thursday. Didn't
                  care to pay for faster delivery.

                • Richard A. Victor
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 31, 2009
                    I called them Friday morning first thing and ordered mine. They
                    didn't have them yet but were expecting two shipments that day. They
                    shipped mine before the end of the day and the tracking shows that
                    it's out for delivery today so I'm awaiting the UPS delivery.

                    Dick

                    At 02:09 PM 3/31/2009, you wrote:
                    >On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 13:54, charles hamlin <chamlin555@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > i have ordered from them awhile back and orderd the 396t and got
                    > it in bout a week. it takes two or three days to process the order
                    > even if in stock. also depends how you paid, and what kind of
                    > shipping you ask for.
                    >
                    >Ordered from Scanner Master Wednesday, they got them in Friday and it
                    >went into the UPS system that day. It's due here Thursday. Didn't
                    >care to pay for faster delivery.
                    >--
                    >Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws plaws net | Travel by Train!
                  • J T Kirk