Close Call Resolution...

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2013
      The other day I tagged a Sheriff mobile unit via close call. Later I went to look up the licensing for the
      department and noticed they had a narrowband allocation for the input to one of their repeaters. The frequency
      Close Call found was a few khz off from what I found online. So at the time my 396XT was set to 5kHz for 150.8 Mhz and above segment.

      So, is Close Call's frequency resolution dependent on what the Band Default step sizes are set to at the time of frequency capture,
      or is Close Call's resolution independent of Band Default settings?

      Think I'm going to change my setting from 15khz to 7.5 (it was 5.0khz)

      Thanks, and hope UPman reads this.

      -Lance
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2013
        Close Call detects the precise frequency, but to tune the PLL, it must match the current step, so it will be rounded to the closest step.

        UpMan

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2013
          Thank You UPMan that answers my question.