Re: [BCD396XT] Locking out a trunked system

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
      I do the same for a trunked system, arrange the TG's into groups:

      1 Police
      2 Fire
      3 City Services

      All my systems whether conventional or trunked have a number that proceeds them in the label field:

      1 LA County
      2 LA City
      3 Palm Springs
      1 Police
      2 Fire
      3 City Services

      Same with groups as well. That way when I hit the menu key, and select Program System, the system
      list is ordered numerically for fast reference, and trains my mind to call which number I wanted for a specific system
      for quick key assignment...

      I'm a nerd, your experience may be different (I doubt it) LOL.

      Enjoy,

      -Lance

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
        It's the same: FUNC L/O

        Joe M.

        rossmutz wrote:
        > Hi all. Just got my 396.
        >
        > I have a trunked system in it that I would like to look out. Have figured out how to look out a conventional system, but not trunked.
        >
        > Any advice?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Ross VK4IY

      • rossmutz
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
          Hi all and thanks for the helpful replies.

          When I first powered up the 396 and had only half a day to get it ready for an interstate trip I thought I'd never work it out. However its actually very logical to use and worked very well over my 4000km drive.

          Thanks again,

          Ross