Re: [BCD396XT] Locking out a trunked system

  • john szalay
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
      I do it with the talkgroups.   I quick-key the fire talkgroups in key 2 and police talkgroups on key 3
      they are all on the same trunked system,   so Police talkgroups are locked out on key 2  and fire locked out on key 3
      just have to enter all the talkgroups in each quick-key

                                                   "Your mileage may vary "

                                       John in Ky

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
        I do the same for a trunked system, arrange the TG's into groups:

        1 Police
        2 Fire
        3 City Services

        All my systems whether conventional or trunked have a number that proceeds them in the label field:

        1 LA County
        2 LA City
        3 Palm Springs
        1 Police
        2 Fire
        3 City Services

        Same with groups as well. That way when I hit the menu key, and select Program System, the system
        list is ordered numerically for fast reference, and trains my mind to call which number I wanted for a specific system
        for quick key assignment...

        I'm a nerd, your experience may be different (I doubt it) LOL.

        Enjoy,

        -Lance

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
          It's the same: FUNC L/O

          Joe M.

          rossmutz wrote:
          > Hi all. Just got my 396.
          >
          > I have a trunked system in it that I would like to look out. Have figured out how to look out a conventional system, but not trunked.
          >
          > Any advice?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Ross VK4IY

        • rossmutz
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
            Hi all and thanks for the helpful replies.

            When I first powered up the 396 and had only half a day to get it ready for an interstate trip I thought I'd never work it out. However its actually very logical to use and worked very well over my 4000km drive.

            Thanks again,

            Ross