Locking out a trunked system

  • rossmutz
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
      Hi all. Just got my 396.

      I have a trunked system in it that I would like to look out. Have figured out how to look out a conventional system, but not trunked.

      Any advice?

      Thanks

      Ross VK4IY
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
        Best practice is to use Quick Keys to turn on/off systems for scanning. See:

        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/QuickKeys.html

        UpMan

        >________________________________

      • john szalay
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
          I do it with the talkgroups.   I quick-key the fire talkgroups in key 2 and police talkgroups on key 3
          they are all on the same trunked system,   so Police talkgroups are locked out on key 2  and fire locked out on key 3
          just have to enter all the talkgroups in each quick-key

                                                       "Your mileage may vary "

                                           John in Ky

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
            I do the same for a trunked system, arrange the TG's into groups:

            1 Police
            2 Fire
            3 City Services

            All my systems whether conventional or trunked have a number that proceeds them in the label field:

            1 LA County
            2 LA City
            3 Palm Springs
            1 Police
            2 Fire
            3 City Services

            Same with groups as well. That way when I hit the menu key, and select Program System, the system
            list is ordered numerically for fast reference, and trains my mind to call which number I wanted for a specific system
            for quick key assignment...

            I'm a nerd, your experience may be different (I doubt it) LOL.

            Enjoy,

            -Lance

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 13, 2013
              It's the same: FUNC L/O

              Joe M.

              rossmutz wrote:
              > Hi all. Just got my 396.
              >
              > I have a trunked system in it that I would like to look out. Have figured out how to look out a conventional system, but not trunked.
              >
              > Any advice?
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Ross VK4IY

            • rossmutz
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
                Hi all and thanks for the helpful replies.

                When I first powered up the 396 and had only half a day to get it ready for an interstate trip I thought I'd never work it out. However its actually very logical to use and worked very well over my 4000km drive.

                Thanks again,

                Ross