RE: [BCD396XT] Error on firmware update

  • Ron Aubry
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
      Sounds like your trying to put 396T upgrade into a 396XT. The new 396XT upgrade has it own installer. Download the installer and it will load the upgrade. No More three finger dancing...

      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      From: mch@...
      Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:44:31 -0500
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Error on firmware update

      Are you using the latest firmware update program? If so, you don't

      have to perform the L/O+6 method - just follow the instructions.

      Joe M.

      KJ9B wrote:

      > I finally got around to trying firmware update 1.20.13. Upon starting the executable, and following the instructions (batteries out, hold down L/O and 6 when powering up with power supply), and having the data cable (USB) plugged into the scanner, after selecting the COM port, and clicking OK, I get the following error message: "This scanner is not an object for BCD396T. Rewriting is impossible. Please turn off the power and remove the cable."

      > I know the PC is talking to the scanner because I can transfer programming and control the scanner via FreeScan. I have rebooted the PC and tried again with no change. I'm sure I missed something simple. Can someone point me where I might look.

      > Thanks in advance.

      > Ken Bandy, KJ9B

    • John Stark
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
        Download the new BCVUP and install it and run it. You don't need to do all the steps you did in the past now.

        KJ9B <kbandy@...> wrote:

        >I finally got around to trying firmware update 1.20.13. Upon starting the executable, and following the instructions (batteries out, hold down L/O and 6 when powering up with power supply), and having the data cable (USB) plugged into the scanner, after selecting the COM port, and clicking OK, I get the following error message: "This scanner is not an object for BCD396T. Rewriting is impossible. Please turn off the power and remove the cable."
        >
        >I know the PC is talking to the scanner because I can transfer programming and control the scanner via FreeScan. I have rebooted the PC and tried again with no change. I'm sure I missed something simple. Can someone point me where I might look.
        >
        >Thanks in advance.
        >
        >Ken Bandy, KJ9B

      • Ken Bandy
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
          Dohh! Man, I hate when I do that. You were correct, Ron. After selecting
          the right scanner, and then finding (with a little digging) the right update
          package, all is good. Thanks very much for the responses.

          Ken Bandy, KJ9B

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
            No Problem Ken, Glad you got it worked out... Ron

            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com