Will I Call work on a p25 system and how do i enable it using the scanner seeing as free scann won't enable it for me for some reason.

  • Jerry Mader
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2013
      Hello folks.

      I've tried on free scan to enable ICall on a P25 system I'm using.

      I had 2 people standing in the same room as me using ICall or Private Call
      and it never would work on my scanner.

      I couldn't hear the transmitions.

      Is there a way to enable Icall on p25 asystems? And if so, How do I do it.

      I've tried to put in the I0 on Free Scann but it didn't for some reason
      work. But what all systems use ICall?

      Thanks.

      Jerry Mader

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2013
        First, are you sure they were using I-Call and not talkaround which is a
        simplex transmission usually on a frequency not used by the trunked system?

        Joe M.