Free Scan

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
      Im useing freescan and really trying to learn it but when i go to create new system a box will pop up asking for me to choose system type how do you know what system types is the correct one my scanner (bcd396xt)
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
        It's not which is correct for the scanner - it's which one is correct
        for the system type you are programming. What are you trying to program
        (state, county, and user)?

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
          Joe
          Ok I understand what you mean i think not sure about user so for isntance if its county what would it be and how do you know what they are for example Stat MedEvac what would they be hope this make since .

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
            OK. I didn't notice this was you, Bruce.

            Anything that is not trunked will be Conventional. This includes STAT.

            MARCS is a trunked system and is "Motorola Type II".

            I think those are the two main ones in your area. I will check later.

            There may be some LTR in your area, too, but most will be MARCS (which
            you have programmed) or Conventional which is the typical system type.

            Joe M.

            Bruce wrote:
            > Joe
            > Ok I understand what you mean i think not sure about user so for isntance if its county what would it be and how do you know what they are for example Stat MedEvac what would they be hope this make since .

          • John Stark
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
              Stat can show up anywhere on MARCS or conventional. Your county could be on MARCS or there own system.
              Also note that MARCS is in the process of rebranding so that could be why your not hearing them

              Bruce <coolbammer29@...> wrote:

              >Joe
              >Ok I understand what you mean i think not sure about user so for isntance if its county what would it be and how do you know what they are for example Stat MedEvac what would they be hope this make since .

            • NCC74656_USS_Voyager
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
                Good point, but if rebanding were the issue he would not be hearing OHP. He said he is hearing OHP.

                Joe M.

                On Sat 26/01/13 6:34 PM , John Stark johnstark@... sent:
                > Stat can show up anywhere on MARCS or conventional. Your county could be on
                > MARCS or there own system.Also note that MARCS is in the process of rebranding so that could be why
                > your not hearing them
                >
                > Bruce olbammer29@...> wrote:
                > >Joe
                > >Ok I understand what you mean i think not sure
                > about user so for isntance if its county what would it be and how do you
                > know what they are for example Stat MedEvac what would they be hope this
                > make since .>
                > >--- On Sat, 1/26/13, MCH
                > wrote:>
                > >
                > >From: MCH
                > >Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Free Scan
                > >To: BCD3
                > 96XT@yahoogroups.com>Date: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 10:36
                > AM>
                > >

                > >It's not which is correct for the scanner - it's
                > which one is correct >for the system type you are programming. What are
                > you trying to program >(state, county, and user)?
                > >
                > >Joe M.
                > >
                > >Bruce wrote:
                > >> Im useing freescan and really trying to
                > learn it but when i go to create new system a box will pop up asking for me
                > to choose system type how do you know what system types is the correct one
                > my scanner (bcd396xt)>
                > >

                > >[Non-text portions of this message have been
                > removed]>

                > Your email settings:
                > Individual Email | Traditional
                >
                > To change settings online go to:
                >
                > To change settings via email:
                > BCD396XT-digest@yahoogroups.com BCD396XT-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Bruce
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
                  I can hear OSP with No Problems I never had Stat in there so its in there now Im just trying to put different stuff in my scanner to see what all it will do since im new to it not sure what it will do only thing it seem to hear really is OSP sheriff local police and fire but it seems like i miss some of the trasmission for some odd reason i have priorty set but it seems like it doesnt work like the old scanners did with montering  priority  channels I still am not sure of all the functions this scanner has and what they are for

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
                    Do you have tgid's set as priorities? They need to be set individually just like you would a frequency.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
                      Not sure how to do that I had a guy send me a file and told me how to upload it to freescan and then into my scanner other then that im clueless