disable all systems simultaneously?

  • gteague
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2013
      first, kudos to uniden for the new firmware updater. ran 100% perfectly on my emulated win7/64bit system under mac osx lion. the only tweak i might suggest is an option to open the updater executable directly from the tail end of the installer--i had to go find it after the installer closed.

      to the point of this query: i use arc-xt-pro most of the time (freescan to a lesser extent) and when i upload even a single system to the 396xt it enables all the systems i previously had disabled and i can't find a way to disable all systems simultaneously or to keep arc-xt-pro from doing this. i'm not sure if freescan does it or not. but i feel like there sure be a way to disable all systems after this happens so i can add back in just the few that i usually have enabled. i did searches and looked back through the online 'easier to use' manual for the xt, but haven't yet seen a way to do this.

      if this isn't possible, if anyone has a workaround for this i'd appreciate hearing about it as it's a royal pain having to disable about 2-3 dozen systems every time i make a change.

      /guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2013
        FreeScan allows you to send the Quick Key Status. That's one of the
        options when you upload. I can't say if ARC has a similar option, but it
        would surprise me if it didn't.

        Joe M.

        gteague wrote:
        > first, kudos to uniden for the new firmware updater. ran 100% perfectly on my emulated win7/64bit system under mac osx lion. the only tweak i might suggest is an option to open the updater executable directly from the tail end of the installer--i had to go find it after the installer closed.
        >
        > to the point of this query: i use arc-xt-pro most of the time (freescan to a lesser extent) and when i upload even a single system to the 396xt it enables all the systems i previously had disabled and i can't find a way to disable all systems simultaneously or to keep arc-xt-pro from doing this. i'm not sure if freescan does it or not. but i feel like there sure be a way to disable all systems after this happens so i can add back in just the few that i usually have enabled. i did searches and looked back through the online 'easier to use' manual for the xt, but haven't yet seen a way to do this.
        >
        > if this isn't possible, if anyone has a workaround for this i'd appreciate hearing about it as it's a royal pain having to disable about 2-3 dozen systems every time i make a change.
        >
        > /guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)

      • gteague
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 22, 2013
          there is a box in the upload dialogue that says something like 'save quickkey status', but that box has been checked. perhaps it's a bug that it doesn't seem to be getting saved, or at least uploaded to the radio.

          i'll go back through the arc20 help system and see if i can get more information about how this setting is supposed to work. now you mention it, i do remember that freescan has a page where you can set the status of your quickkeys and that's a very good feature. hopefully arc20 has a similar page of settings buried somewhere i haven't found yet.

          thanks,

          /guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)