12 VDC

  • Michael Brodeur
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2013
      List,

      Has anyone had any experience with supplying 12 VDC instead of 6 VDC to
      their 396XT? I think I fried the auto amp ( no volume but will scan). It
      was an error with a multi volt cig. lighter adapter. No white smoke but
      that bad electronic smell. Any advice appreciated.

      Best,

      Mike N2NSL

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2013
        I suspect you are correct in your assessment.

        Joe M.

        Michael Brodeur wrote:
        > List,
        >
        > Has anyone had any experience with supplying 12 VDC instead of 6 VDC to
        > their 396XT? I think I fried the auto amp ( no volume but will scan). It
        > was an error with a multi volt cig. lighter adapter. No white smoke but
        > that bad electronic smell. Any advice appreciated.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Mike N2NSL

      • Ron Aubry
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 22, 2013
          Yep had the same thing happen, all of a sudden the screen looked like a continus bar code, and no more sound, still scans but nothing comes out.. packing it up payday...

          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
          From: mch@...
          Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:34:02 -0500
          Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] 12 VDC