Re: [BCD396XT] BCD396XT Identification

  • Dan Simon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2013
      Did you program it with the same computer software you used to program a 996XT? I had the same problem with my 396XT reading 'BC346XT' and then I figured out that I accidentally used some of the settings from my BC346XT when programming my BCD396XT. If you are using FreeScan (like I was), go into Scanner > Setup Scanner Options... > General > Startup Message. You can change it from there. You can even put your name on it, like I did! :)

      -Dan

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2013
        It just means whoever programmed it didn't change the model number in
        the opening screen text. You can make it say anything you want.

        Joe M.