Firmware

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 14, 2013
      Hello to all I'm new at this group and also new to the BCD396XT still trying to figure out on my own how it all work .but I have a question I did learn how to update the new firmware But my question is

      What does the new update do that the 1.10 didnt ?
    • David Johnson
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 14, 2013
        I just purchased a 996XT to complement my 396XT.

        As a first step, I went to the Uniden web site to download the latest firmware. It isn't there. The support web site is pathetic with the 396XT and 996XT not even listed on the downloads page.

        Does anyone have a link to the 996XT firmware page please?
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
          Improves P25 reception on LSM systems.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
            I'm not sure if there have been any updates to the 996XT.

            Although there is a chance there will be one similar
            to the 396XT update that was released recently.

            Joe M.

            David Johnson wrote:
            > I just purchased a 996XT to complement my 396XT.
            >
            > As a first step, I went to the Uniden web site to download the latest firmware. It isn't there. The support web site is pathetic with the 396XT and 996XT not even listed on the downloads page.
            >
            > Does anyone have a link to the 996XT firmware page please?
          • Clark Rennie
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
              Go here
              http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD996XTFirmwareUpdate