Re: [BCD396XT] Post 396XT Firmware update question...

  • john szalay
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2013
      The new updater handles all of that..  completely new arrangement...
       you have to uninstall your old updater version...

      & works great...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2013
        I did John, V3, and even uninstalled previous version...

        Interesting...

        On Jan 9, 2013, at 6:38 PM, John Stark wrote:

        > Download the new updater first and it won't give those instructions

        > Lance milcom_chaser@...> wrote:
        >
        > >I noticed a few users mentioning they simple plugged in their serial cable and ran the firmware updater
        > >without removing batteries, running the radio on AC adapter, and booting the radio without the HOLD + 6 key depressed.
        > >The firmware updater has a window that pops up mentioning having to do the above sequence for flashing the firmware.
        > >
        > >Am I missing something here? I'm asking this for the next time a firmware rev. is released...
        > >
        > >Thanks,
        > >
        > >-Lance

      • John Stark
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2013
          With the new updater you start it plug in the scanner and if needed click on the find scanner and it should work. What version of Windows are you using?

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 9, 2013
            XP running as a virtual machine...

            The radios updated ok...

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2013
              Yeah I uninstalled if you read my previous thread...
              Anyway, time to let it go. Thanks.

              -Lance