Phase II TDMA?

  • Michael Sigler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2013
      There are systems in the Chicago area that are ramping up for phase II
      TDMA. Any plans for 2-slot TDMA firmware upgrades for the BCD396xt or
      996xt?

      The upgrade was one of the easiest upgrades I've done. Other than
      turning on the scanner, I didn't have press anything on the keyboard.
      Plus have multiple comports in use on my pc, it was nice not having to
      search for the 396xt. Auto Detect rocks!

      Thank you Uniden!

      Mike-KC9NSA
    • Matthew Mummert
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
        I don't think you're going to get Phase II from a firmware update.

        Matthew Mummert

        Sent from my "New iPad", which is now having an identity crisis.

        On Jan 9, 2013, at 9:34, Michael Sigler <mike@...> wrote:

        > There are systems in the Chicago area that are ramping up for phase II
        > TDMA. Any plans for 2-slot TDMA firmware upgrades for the BCD396xt or
        > 996xt?

      • Michael Sigler
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2013
          I don't see why you couldn't get phase2 from a software update. Digital
          transmissions is software decoding of data, so the receiver could be the
          same. Im not sure if Uniden will do a firmware update though,
          hopefully. GRE just released a phase2 beta firmware upgrade for the
          PSR-800.

          MIke