Re: Update Released

  • aliefcert
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
      when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:

      > Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
      > audio on the local P25 system....
      >
      >                  Thanks,
      >                           John in Ky
      >

      > ________________________________

    • John Stark
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
        That's doubtful that there will be one as the 396XT doesn't have required hardware as previously mentioned in similar threads. Do a search of posts on the subject.

        aliefcert <wpwx694@...> wrote:

        >when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?
        >
        >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:
        >

        >> Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
        >> audio on the local P25 system....
        >>
        >>                  Thanks,
        >>                           John in Ky
        >>

        >> ________________________________

      • Milton Engle
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
          Overall I'm impressed with the improvement that the latest firmware
          provides. It is a noticable improvement when the unit is used in fixed
          locations and makes some improvement in mobile situations. I find on one
          local system that there are still locations where the scanner will not
          decode the digital bitstream, this may be unique to this particular system.

          I'm hoping that Uniden will QUICKLY release this firmware for the 996XT.

          (PLEASE {PLEASE} PLEASE)

          Milt
          N3LTQ