Re: [BCD396XT] Update Released

  • john szalay
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
      Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
      audio on the local P25 system....

                       Thanks,
                                John in Ky

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
        Even better, you can let the updater auto select the correct Comm Port!

        On 1/8/2013 10:08 PM, James F. Boehner MD wrote:
        > SWEET update!
        >
        > No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!
        >
        > Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
        > cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!
        >
        > Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!
        >
        > '73 de JIM N2ZZ

      • aliefcert
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
          when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:

          > Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
          > audio on the local P25 system....
          >
          >                  Thanks,
          >                           John in Ky
          >

          > ________________________________

        • John Stark
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
            That's doubtful that there will be one as the 396XT doesn't have required hardware as previously mentioned in similar threads. Do a search of posts on the subject.

            aliefcert <wpwx694@...> wrote:

            >when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?
            >
            >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:
            >

            >> Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
            >> audio on the local P25 system....
            >>
            >>                  Thanks,
            >>                           John in Ky
            >>

            >> ________________________________

          • Milton Engle
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
              Overall I'm impressed with the improvement that the latest firmware
              provides. It is a noticable improvement when the unit is used in fixed
              locations and makes some improvement in mobile situations. I find on one
              local system that there are still locations where the scanner will not
              decode the digital bitstream, this may be unique to this particular system.

              I'm hoping that Uniden will QUICKLY release this firmware for the 996XT.

              (PLEASE {PLEASE} PLEASE)

              Milt
              N3LTQ