New question

  • nz8j
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
      I've tried the suggestions offered by some on here but still can't make the 396 copy my local County sheriff.

      Maybe I just do not understand nough to ask the right question(s)...

      Should a file downloaded from my 996XT work the same on my 396XT when uploaded to it?

      when uploading to the 396XT I check the block that says erase all systems and settings and the only other block checked is to resume scanning after uploading.

      The 996XT works on all the frequencies I upload and the 396XT works on all systems EXCEPT the new Clark County P25 frequencies.

      Shouldn't they both work the same using the same file, is there something else I need to do to the 396XT to make it work properly?

      I updated the firmware this morning to 1.11, no difference.

      Thanks
      Tim
      Nz8J
    • mygroups2007@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
        The 396XT and 996XT should behave the same using the same file. I use the same exact file in FreeScan to program both of mine. I guess it could be different in the other software programs but I don't have any experience with them.

        One thing to check is the status of the System Quick Key (SQK) if you have one assigned to the Clark County system. It's possible that it is enabled in the 996XT and disabled in the 396XT. At least in FreeScan, I can upload a system without uploading the SQK status.

        The same issue can happen with Group Quick Keys if you have any assigned within the System, so make sure they are also enabled in the 396XT.

        Ron in Eugene

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
          They program virtually identically. The only other settings I can think to check are squelch (normally at 2 or 3) and attenuation (normally off).

          UpMan