Re: [BCD396XT] Update Released

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
      Yes, you can update and not lose frequencies, but you should back up
      your programming anyway. Read the notes for the update to determine if
      it will be of any use to you.

      Joe M.

      Bill Richardson wrote:
      > Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already programmed on them?Why do I need this new firmware? Thanks

    • James F. Boehner MD
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
        SWEET update!

        No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!

        Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
        cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!

        Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!

        '73 de JIM N2ZZ

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
          Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
          audio on the local P25 system....

                           Thanks,
                                    John in Ky

          ________________________________

            Even better, you can let the updater auto select the correct Comm Port!

            On 1/8/2013 10:08 PM, James F. Boehner MD wrote:
            > SWEET update!
            >
            > No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!
            >
            > Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
            > cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!
            >
            > Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!
            >
            > '73 de JIM N2ZZ

          • aliefcert
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
              when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:

              > Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
              > audio on the local P25 system....
              >
              >                  Thanks,
              >                           John in Ky
              >

              > ________________________________

            • John Stark
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                That's doubtful that there will be one as the 396XT doesn't have required hardware as previously mentioned in similar threads. Do a search of posts on the subject.

                aliefcert <wpwx694@...> wrote:

                >when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?
                >
                >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:
                >

                >> Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                >> audio on the local P25 system....
                >>
                >>                  Thanks,
                >>                           John in Ky
                >>

                >> ________________________________

              • Milton Engle
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
                  Overall I'm impressed with the improvement that the latest firmware
                  provides. It is a noticable improvement when the unit is used in fixed
                  locations and makes some improvement in mobile situations. I find on one
                  local system that there are still locations where the scanner will not
                  decode the digital bitstream, this may be unique to this particular system.

                  I'm hoping that Uniden will QUICKLY release this firmware for the 996XT.

                  (PLEASE {PLEASE} PLEASE)

                  Milt
                  N3LTQ