RE: [BCD396XT] Update Released

  • Bill Richardson
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
      Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already  programmed  on them?Why do I need this new firmware?  Thanks

    • Jerry Mader
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
        Yeah that was a very smoothe update.

        Still getting garbled transmitions but it's probably because I'm doing
        something wrong.

        Not because of the update.

        Plus, I'm in the basement of my house which probably don't make it much
        easier to see the control chanel.

        But it has improved it somewhat though.

        Jerry Mader

        _____

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
          Yes, you can update and not lose frequencies, but you should back up
          your programming anyway. Read the notes for the update to determine if
          it will be of any use to you.

          Joe M.

          Bill Richardson wrote:
          > Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already programmed on them?Why do I need this new firmware? Thanks

        • James F. Boehner MD
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
            SWEET update!

            No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!

            Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
            cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!

            Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!

            '73 de JIM N2ZZ

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
              Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
              audio on the local P25 system....

                               Thanks,
                                        John in Ky

              ________________________________

                Even better, you can let the updater auto select the correct Comm Port!

                On 1/8/2013 10:08 PM, James F. Boehner MD wrote:
                > SWEET update!
                >
                > No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!
                >
                > Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
                > cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!
                >
                > Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!
                >
                > '73 de JIM N2ZZ

              • aliefcert
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                  when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?

                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:

                  > Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                  > audio on the local P25 system....
                  >
                  >                  Thanks,
                  >                           John in Ky
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • John Stark
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                    That's doubtful that there will be one as the 396XT doesn't have required hardware as previously mentioned in similar threads. Do a search of posts on the subject.

                    aliefcert <wpwx694@...> wrote:

                    >when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?
                    >
                    >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:
                    >

                    >> Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                    >> audio on the local P25 system....
                    >>
                    >>                  Thanks,
                    >>                           John in Ky
                    >>

                    >> ________________________________

                  • Milton Engle
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
                      Overall I'm impressed with the improvement that the latest firmware
                      provides. It is a noticable improvement when the unit is used in fixed
                      locations and makes some improvement in mobile situations. I find on one
                      local system that there are still locations where the scanner will not
                      decode the digital bitstream, this may be unique to this particular system.

                      I'm hoping that Uniden will QUICKLY release this firmware for the 996XT.

                      (PLEASE {PLEASE} PLEASE)

                      Milt
                      N3LTQ