Re: FreeSCAN

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2013
      Having used both, I have to say I prefer the free one. I get the impression, after an issue with the last build of the pay software, that they don't know the scanner as well as they need to.

      Matt Collins

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, John Stark wrote:

      > At least with FreeScan you CAN get support unlike that program that comes from the Netherlands where there is zero support from email or any other means.
      > Assay however does a fantastic job support wise with FreeScan and if he prefers a forum to email that's fine with me.... at least he supports his software!
    • John Stark
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2013
        actually Rob has been pretty busy with family and work.... he knows plenty about the radio and programing

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2013
          If Rob is the guy with the payware, I'd take issue. The current release removed the capability to have multiple priority channels in a group of simplex and repeater channels. The previous versions allowed you to do that, as well as Freescan. When they finally got back to me, he tried to tell me that you never could have multiples. If that's the case, someone had better tell my radio to stop doing it. Obviously, not entirely sure of the radio's capabilities. Still haven't heard a response back a month on.

          To be honest, the more I use it, the more I prefer the free one.