Re: [BCD396XT] Update Released

  • Lance Star
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
      You should update to the what is currently being offered from Uniden.Use the latest firmware updating program (v3.00) it is a simple process...If you have a previous version of the updater, uninstall it, then run the setup program for firmware updater v3.00
      Just updated two radios...v1.11.01
      -Lance

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
        Update successful on Windows 8 installed on Dell Inspiron 1525!

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
          Very easy and smooth update! Thank you Upman and Uniden. You do need to be connected online and make sure that your radio is connected to a power source as well. I am glad my batteries had a full charge when I did it.

        • Robert Klamp Jr.
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
            Anybody trying the new update especially on starcom21 in IL try these
            settings. As soon as I changed the hidden P25 settings I noticed a huge
            difference in audio even with the stock antenna. I have my radio set to 7
            for the P25 Adjust Mode and 1 for the P25 Adjust level and I am getting
            audio clearer than I ever have on Starcom towers 101, 102 and 115. Please
            give it a shot and report back with your findings no matter where you are.
            This info could be very beneficial to others down the line.

            Thanks,

            Bob

          • Bill Richardson
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
              Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already  programmed  on them?Why do I need this new firmware?  Thanks

            • Jerry Mader
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                Yeah that was a very smoothe update.

                Still getting garbled transmitions but it's probably because I'm doing
                something wrong.

                Not because of the update.

                Plus, I'm in the basement of my house which probably don't make it much
                easier to see the control chanel.

                But it has improved it somewhat though.

                Jerry Mader

                _____

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                  Yes, you can update and not lose frequencies, but you should back up
                  your programming anyway. Read the notes for the update to determine if
                  it will be of any use to you.

                  Joe M.

                  Bill Richardson wrote:
                  > Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already programmed on them?Why do I need this new firmware? Thanks

                • James F. Boehner MD
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                    SWEET update!

                    No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!

                    Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
                    cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!

                    Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!

                    '73 de JIM N2ZZ

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                      Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                      audio on the local P25 system....

                                       Thanks,
                                                John in Ky

                      ________________________________

                        Even better, you can let the updater auto select the correct Comm Port!

                        On 1/8/2013 10:08 PM, James F. Boehner MD wrote:
                        > SWEET update!
                        >
                        > No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!
                        >
                        > Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
                        > cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!
                        >
                        > Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!
                        >
                        > '73 de JIM N2ZZ

                      • aliefcert
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                          when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?

                          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:

                          > Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                          > audio on the local P25 system....
                          >
                          >                  Thanks,
                          >                           John in Ky
                          >

                          > ________________________________

                        • John Stark
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                            That's doubtful that there will be one as the 396XT doesn't have required hardware as previously mentioned in similar threads. Do a search of posts on the subject.

                            aliefcert <wpwx694@...> wrote:

                            >when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?
                            >
                            >--- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:
                            >

                            >> Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                            >> audio on the local P25 system....
                            >>
                            >>                  Thanks,
                            >>                           John in Ky
                            >>

                            >> ________________________________

                          • Milton Engle
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
                              Overall I'm impressed with the improvement that the latest firmware
                              provides. It is a noticable improvement when the unit is used in fixed
                              locations and makes some improvement in mobile situations. I find on one
                              local system that there are still locations where the scanner will not
                              decode the digital bitstream, this may be unique to this particular system.

                              I'm hoping that Uniden will QUICKLY release this firmware for the 996XT.

                              (PLEASE {PLEASE} PLEASE)

                              Milt
                              N3LTQ