Re: [BCD396XT] Update Released

  • Milton Engle
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
      Downloaded the updater and did a 396XT.

      VERY SMOOTH! Good job Uniden!

      One important note: It appears that you must be connected to the internet to
      do the firmware update as the updater downloades the firmware for the
      selected device and then writes to the device. The firmware does not appear
      to be saved on the PC.

      Milt
      N3LTQ

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
        I'm running 1.10.02, the beta release. Should I back it down to 1.10.00?

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
          You should update to the what is currently being offered from Uniden.Use the latest firmware updating program (v3.00) it is a simple process...If you have a previous version of the updater, uninstall it, then run the setup program for firmware updater v3.00
          Just updated two radios...v1.11.01
          -Lance

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
            Update successful on Windows 8 installed on Dell Inspiron 1525!

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
              Very easy and smooth update! Thank you Upman and Uniden. You do need to be connected online and make sure that your radio is connected to a power source as well. I am glad my batteries had a full charge when I did it.

            • Robert Klamp Jr.
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                Anybody trying the new update especially on starcom21 in IL try these
                settings. As soon as I changed the hidden P25 settings I noticed a huge
                difference in audio even with the stock antenna. I have my radio set to 7
                for the P25 Adjust Mode and 1 for the P25 Adjust level and I am getting
                audio clearer than I ever have on Starcom towers 101, 102 and 115. Please
                give it a shot and report back with your findings no matter where you are.
                This info could be very beneficial to others down the line.

                Thanks,

                Bob

              • Bill Richardson
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                  Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already  programmed  on them?Why do I need this new firmware?  Thanks

                • Jerry Mader
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                    Yeah that was a very smoothe update.

                    Still getting garbled transmitions but it's probably because I'm doing
                    something wrong.

                    Not because of the update.

                    Plus, I'm in the basement of my house which probably don't make it much
                    easier to see the control chanel.

                    But it has improved it somewhat though.

                    Jerry Mader

                    _____

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                      Yes, you can update and not lose frequencies, but you should back up
                      your programming anyway. Read the notes for the update to determine if
                      it will be of any use to you.

                      Joe M.

                      Bill Richardson wrote:
                      > Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already programmed on them?Why do I need this new firmware? Thanks

                    • James F. Boehner MD
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                        SWEET update!

                        No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!

                        Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
                        cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!

                        Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!

                        '73 de JIM N2ZZ

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                          Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                          audio on the local P25 system....

                                           Thanks,
                                                    John in Ky

                          ________________________________

                            Even better, you can let the updater auto select the correct Comm Port!

                            On 1/8/2013 10:08 PM, James F. Boehner MD wrote:
                            > SWEET update!
                            >
                            > No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!
                            >
                            > Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
                            > cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!
                            >
                            > Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!
                            >
                            > '73 de JIM N2ZZ

                          • aliefcert
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                              when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?

                              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:

                              > Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                              > audio on the local P25 system....
                              >
                              >                  Thanks,
                              >                           John in Ky
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • John Stark
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                                That's doubtful that there will be one as the 396XT doesn't have required hardware as previously mentioned in similar threads. Do a search of posts on the subject.

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
                                  Overall I'm impressed with the improvement that the latest firmware
                                  provides. It is a noticable improvement when the unit is used in fixed
                                  locations and makes some improvement in mobile situations. I find on one
                                  local system that there are still locations where the scanner will not
                                  decode the digital bitstream, this may be unique to this particular system.

                                  I'm hoping that Uniden will QUICKLY release this firmware for the 996XT.

                                  (PLEASE {PLEASE} PLEASE)

                                  Milt
                                  N3LTQ