Re: [BCD396XT] Update Released

  • john szalay
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
      Downloaded and installed with no problems, whatever...
      BCD396XT
                        John in Ky

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
        Downloaded the updater and did a 396XT.

        VERY SMOOTH! Good job Uniden!

        One important note: It appears that you must be connected to the internet to
        do the firmware update as the updater downloades the firmware for the
        selected device and then writes to the device. The firmware does not appear
        to be saved on the PC.

        Milt
        N3LTQ

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
          I'm running 1.10.02, the beta release. Should I back it down to 1.10.00?

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
            You should update to the what is currently being offered from Uniden.Use the latest firmware updating program (v3.00) it is a simple process...If you have a previous version of the updater, uninstall it, then run the setup program for firmware updater v3.00
            Just updated two radios...v1.11.01
            -Lance

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
              Update successful on Windows 8 installed on Dell Inspiron 1525!

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                Very easy and smooth update! Thank you Upman and Uniden. You do need to be connected online and make sure that your radio is connected to a power source as well. I am glad my batteries had a full charge when I did it.

              • Robert Klamp Jr.
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                  Anybody trying the new update especially on starcom21 in IL try these
                  settings. As soon as I changed the hidden P25 settings I noticed a huge
                  difference in audio even with the stock antenna. I have my radio set to 7
                  for the P25 Adjust Mode and 1 for the P25 Adjust level and I am getting
                  audio clearer than I ever have on Starcom towers 101, 102 and 115. Please
                  give it a shot and report back with your findings no matter where you are.
                  This info could be very beneficial to others down the line.

                  Thanks,

                  Bob

                • Bill Richardson
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                    Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already  programmed  on them?Why do I need this new firmware?  Thanks

                  • Jerry Mader
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                      Yeah that was a very smoothe update.

                      Still getting garbled transmitions but it's probably because I'm doing
                      something wrong.

                      Not because of the update.

                      Plus, I'm in the basement of my house which probably don't make it much
                      easier to see the control chanel.

                      But it has improved it somewhat though.

                      Jerry Mader

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                        Yes, you can update and not lose frequencies, but you should back up
                        your programming anyway. Read the notes for the update to determine if
                        it will be of any use to you.

                        Joe M.

                        Bill Richardson wrote:
                        > Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already programmed on them?Why do I need this new firmware? Thanks

                      • James F. Boehner MD
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                          SWEET update!

                          No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!

                          Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
                          cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!

                          Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!

                          '73 de JIM N2ZZ

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                            Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                            audio on the local P25 system....

                                             Thanks,
                                                      John in Ky

                            ________________________________

                              Even better, you can let the updater auto select the correct Comm Port!

                              On 1/8/2013 10:08 PM, James F. Boehner MD wrote:
                              > SWEET update!
                              >
                              > No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!
                              >
                              > Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
                              > cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!
                              >
                              > Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!
                              >
                              > '73 de JIM N2ZZ

                            • aliefcert
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                                when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?

                                --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:

                                > Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                                > audio on the local P25 system....
                                >
                                >                  Thanks,
                                >                           John in Ky
                                >

                                > ________________________________

                              • John Stark
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                                  That's doubtful that there will be one as the 396XT doesn't have required hardware as previously mentioned in similar threads. Do a search of posts on the subject.

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
                                    Overall I'm impressed with the improvement that the latest firmware
                                    provides. It is a noticable improvement when the unit is used in fixed
                                    locations and makes some improvement in mobile situations. I find on one
                                    local system that there are still locations where the scanner will not
                                    decode the digital bitstream, this may be unique to this particular system.

                                    I'm hoping that Uniden will QUICKLY release this firmware for the 996XT.

                                    (PLEASE {PLEASE} PLEASE)

                                    Milt
                                    N3LTQ