Update Released

  • Upman
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
    • john szalay
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
        Downloaded and installed with no problems, whatever...
        BCD396XT
                          John in Ky

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
          Downloaded the updater and did a 396XT.

          VERY SMOOTH! Good job Uniden!

          One important note: It appears that you must be connected to the internet to
          do the firmware update as the updater downloades the firmware for the
          selected device and then writes to the device. The firmware does not appear
          to be saved on the PC.

          Milt
          N3LTQ

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
            I'm running 1.10.02, the beta release. Should I back it down to 1.10.00?

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
              You should update to the what is currently being offered from Uniden.Use the latest firmware updating program (v3.00) it is a simple process...If you have a previous version of the updater, uninstall it, then run the setup program for firmware updater v3.00
              Just updated two radios...v1.11.01
              -Lance

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                Update successful on Windows 8 installed on Dell Inspiron 1525!

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                  Very easy and smooth update! Thank you Upman and Uniden. You do need to be connected online and make sure that your radio is connected to a power source as well. I am glad my batteries had a full charge when I did it.

                • Robert Klamp Jr.
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                    Anybody trying the new update especially on starcom21 in IL try these
                    settings. As soon as I changed the hidden P25 settings I noticed a huge
                    difference in audio even with the stock antenna. I have my radio set to 7
                    for the P25 Adjust Mode and 1 for the P25 Adjust level and I am getting
                    audio clearer than I ever have on Starcom towers 101, 102 and 115. Please
                    give it a shot and report back with your findings no matter where you are.
                    This info could be very beneficial to others down the line.

                    Thanks,

                    Bob

                  • Bill Richardson
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                      Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already  programmed  on them?Why do I need this new firmware?  Thanks

                    • Jerry Mader
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                        Yeah that was a very smoothe update.

                        Still getting garbled transmitions but it's probably because I'm doing
                        something wrong.

                        Not because of the update.

                        Plus, I'm in the basement of my house which probably don't make it much
                        easier to see the control chanel.

                        But it has improved it somewhat though.

                        Jerry Mader

                        _____

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 7, 2013
                          Yes, you can update and not lose frequencies, but you should back up
                          your programming anyway. Read the notes for the update to determine if
                          it will be of any use to you.

                          Joe M.

                          Bill Richardson wrote:
                          > Can I update the firmware for my 396xt and 996xt and not lose the freqs. I have already programmed on them?Why do I need this new firmware? Thanks

                        • James F. Boehner MD
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                            SWEET update!

                            No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!

                            Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
                            cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!

                            Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!

                            '73 de JIM N2ZZ

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                              Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                              audio on the local P25 system....

                                               Thanks,
                                                        John in Ky

                              ________________________________

                                Even better, you can let the updater auto select the correct Comm Port!

                                On 1/8/2013 10:08 PM, James F. Boehner MD wrote:
                                > SWEET update!
                                >
                                > No more plugging in AC supply, removing batteries, etc!
                                >
                                > Memory flash mode is definitely the way to go. Hook up the programming
                                > cable, load BC-VUP, choose com port, and away you go!
                                >
                                > Seamless upgrade! Thanks, Paul!
                                >
                                > '73 de JIM N2ZZ

                              • aliefcert
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                                  when will there be an update so we can hear p25 phase2?

                                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, john szalay wrote:

                                  > Yes,  Great upgrade,  done two XTs now and can see a great improvement in the
                                  > audio on the local P25 system....
                                  >
                                  >                  Thanks,
                                  >                           John in Ky
                                  >

                                  > ________________________________

                                • John Stark
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 8, 2013
                                    That's doubtful that there will be one as the 396XT doesn't have required hardware as previously mentioned in similar threads. Do a search of posts on the subject.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
                                      Overall I'm impressed with the improvement that the latest firmware
                                      provides. It is a noticable improvement when the unit is used in fixed
                                      locations and makes some improvement in mobile situations. I find on one
                                      local system that there are still locations where the scanner will not
                                      decode the digital bitstream, this may be unique to this particular system.

                                      I'm hoping that Uniden will QUICKLY release this firmware for the 996XT.

                                      (PLEASE {PLEASE} PLEASE)

                                      Milt
                                      N3LTQ