Re: [BCD396XT] BCD396XT

  • worksntv@aol.com
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 6, 2013
      Thanks for all the replies----Has anyone had luck with the software
      offered by Scanner Master?

      http://www.scannermaster.com/Uniden_Bearcat_BCD396XT_Police_Scanner_p/10-501
      358.htm

      Bob

      In a message dated 1/5/2013 5:26:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      c.rennie1@... writes:
      Yes, you can separate Counties and much more. Most if not all the
      programming software packages have trial versions, try them and then you
      decide.

      Clark

      At 10:49 AM 1/5/2013, you wrote:

      >I am thinking of replacing my Radio Shack pro 97 with the Uniden
      BCD396XT.

      >The neat thing about the Pro 97 is that I can separate various counties by
      >banks. Can something similar be done with the 396xt?
      >
      >Also which computer program should I choose?
      >

      >73'
      >
      >Bob Reynolds
      >WB3DYE

    • Don Curtis
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 2, 2014
        You need a program like ARC or Freescan that know the proper commands to
        read the radio's programming and convert that into a file (s) that ARC or
        Freescan can use to let you change or update the programmed frequencies,
        systems and groups.

        There are no "files" on the radio.

        Don