Re: [BCD396XT] BCD396XT

  • TM
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 5, 2013
      Freescan at http://www.sixspotsoftware.com/products/freescan is a good programming package. ARC XT PRO at www.butel.nl is a good paid package.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Clark Rennie
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:26 PM
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] BCD396XT

      Yes, you can separate Counties and much more. Most if not all the
      programming software packages have trial versions, try them and then you
      decide.

      Clark

      At 10:49 AM 1/5/2013, you wrote:

      >I am thinking of replacing my Radio Shack pro 97 with the Uniden BCD396XT.
      >
      >The neat thing about the Pro 97 is that I can separate various counties by
      >banks. Can something similar be done with the 396xt?
      >
      >Also which computer program should I choose?
      >

      >73'
      >
      >Bob Reynolds
      >WB3DYE

    • Don Curtis
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 2, 2014
        You need a program like ARC or Freescan that know the proper commands to
        read the radio's programming and convert that into a file (s) that ARC or
        Freescan can use to let you change or update the programmed frequencies,
        systems and groups.

        There are no "files" on the radio.

        Don