Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Release?

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
      I would suspect that if they find the audio to be significantly improved
      on the upcoming 396XT release, there will be one for the 996XT to make
      the same change. This is just speculation, of course.

      Joe M.

    • Jerry Mader
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
        I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it improves the audio.
        Later
        jerry Madder
        NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
        on 996XT.
        We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

        See
        http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

        On 1/3/2013 5:01 PM, Robert Klamp Jr. wrote:

        > Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
        > nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

      • Ronski45
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 4, 2013
          From
          http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update-3.html#post1886772

          The release date is _Monday_.
          So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
          overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
          As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
          as has been done before by others and myself?

          On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

          > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
          > improves the audio.
          > Later
          > jerry Madder

        • Bob
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
            for some reason their site is EXTREMELY slow, even on a normal day. I wish they would update their server or something. But not complaining here, just saying...
            Maybe after someone gets it, they can put it up on the forum files section here. If that is OK with the boss (UPMan)
            Happy New Year everyone,
            Bob

            So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
            overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
            As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
            as has been done before by others and myself?

            On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

            > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
            > improves the audio.
            > Later
            > jerry Madder

          • awbuckleynj
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
              I can't get onto the site either. I hope this update goes live soon.

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                that's what I'm hoping too.
                I have a screen reader that I use and that site is a bit slow so it makes my screen reader go nuts.
                Is there any way i could ask that the file be uploaded to the files section along with the new BC VUP utility?
                Thanks
                Jerry mader