Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Release?

  • Ronski45
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
      To ALL->
      NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
      on 996XT.
      We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

      See
      http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
        I would suspect that if they find the audio to be significantly improved
        on the upcoming 396XT release, there will be one for the 996XT to make
        the same change. This is just speculation, of course.

        Joe M.

      • Jerry Mader
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
          I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it improves the audio.
          Later
          jerry Madder
          NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
          on 996XT.
          We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

          See
          http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

          On 1/3/2013 5:01 PM, Robert Klamp Jr. wrote:

          > Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
          > nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?
          >
          > Bob
          >
          > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

        • Ronski45
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 4, 2013
            From
            http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update-3.html#post1886772

            The release date is _Monday_.
            So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
            overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
            As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
            as has been done before by others and myself?

            On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

            > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
            > improves the audio.
            > Later
            > jerry Madder

          • Bob
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
              for some reason their site is EXTREMELY slow, even on a normal day. I wish they would update their server or something. But not complaining here, just saying...
              Maybe after someone gets it, they can put it up on the forum files section here. If that is OK with the boss (UPMan)
              Happy New Year everyone,
              Bob

              So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
              overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
              As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
              as has been done before by others and myself?

              On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

              > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
              > improves the audio.
              > Later
              > jerry Madder

            • awbuckleynj
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                I can't get onto the site either. I hope this update goes live soon.

                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                  that's what I'm hoping too.
                  I have a screen reader that I use and that site is a bit slow so it makes my screen reader go nuts.
                  Is there any way i could ask that the file be uploaded to the files section along with the new BC VUP utility?
                  Thanks
                  Jerry mader