Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Release?

  • Ronski45
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
      Know one knows when this is being made available yet.
      Jerry from my site
      http://webpages.charter.net/radiosite/MidmichiganScanner.html
      Owners of Uniden digital scanner model 396XT.
      New firmware to be released that will help address the garbled audio of
      simulcast radio systems.
      Simulcast systems - those with multiple towers in the area are Saginaw,
      Genesee county, Lapeer and Flint.
      Messages link
      <http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/255761-did-anyone-else-notice.html>,
      firmware link.
      <http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate>

      On 1/2/2013 5:37 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

      > What all does this firmware address?
      > And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
      > I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Jerry mader

    • Robert Klamp Jr.
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
        Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
        nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?

        Bob

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
          To ALL->
          NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
          on 996XT.
          We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

          See
          http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
            I would suspect that if they find the audio to be significantly improved
            on the upcoming 396XT release, there will be one for the 996XT to make
            the same change. This is just speculation, of course.

            Joe M.

          • Jerry Mader
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
              I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it improves the audio.
              Later
              jerry Madder
              NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
              on 996XT.
              We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

              See
              http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

              On 1/3/2013 5:01 PM, Robert Klamp Jr. wrote:

              > Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
              > nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?
              >
              > Bob
              >
              > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

            • Ronski45
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 4, 2013
                From
                http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update-3.html#post1886772

                The release date is _Monday_.
                So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
                overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
                As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
                as has been done before by others and myself?

                On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

                > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
                > improves the audio.
                > Later
                > jerry Madder

              • Bob
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                  for some reason their site is EXTREMELY slow, even on a normal day. I wish they would update their server or something. But not complaining here, just saying...
                  Maybe after someone gets it, they can put it up on the forum files section here. If that is OK with the boss (UPMan)
                  Happy New Year everyone,
                  Bob

                  So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
                  overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
                  As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
                  as has been done before by others and myself?

                  On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

                  > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
                  > improves the audio.
                  > Later
                  > jerry Madder

                • awbuckleynj
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                    I can't get onto the site either. I hope this update goes live soon.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                      that's what I'm hoping too.
                      I have a screen reader that I use and that site is a bit slow so it makes my screen reader go nuts.
                      Is there any way i could ask that the file be uploaded to the files section along with the new BC VUP utility?
                      Thanks
                      Jerry mader