Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Release?

  • Jerry Mader
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
      What all does this firmware address?
      And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
      I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.

      Thanks
      Jerry mader
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
        There was a link posted, but I think the only thing it
        addresses is enhanced performance on P25 LSM systems.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
          Ok thank you Joe.
          Jerry Mader

          Jerry Mader wrote:
          > What all does this firmware address?
          > And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
          > I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Jerry mader

        • Ronski45
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
            Know one knows when this is being made available yet.
            Jerry from my site
            http://webpages.charter.net/radiosite/MidmichiganScanner.html
            Owners of Uniden digital scanner model 396XT.
            New firmware to be released that will help address the garbled audio of
            simulcast radio systems.
            Simulcast systems - those with multiple towers in the area are Saginaw,
            Genesee county, Lapeer and Flint.
            Messages link
            <http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/255761-did-anyone-else-notice.html>,
            firmware link.
            <http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate>

            On 1/2/2013 5:37 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

            > What all does this firmware address?
            > And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
            > I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Jerry mader

          • Robert Klamp Jr.
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
              Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
              nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?

              Bob

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                To ALL->
                NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
                on 996XT.
                We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

                See
                http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                  I would suspect that if they find the audio to be significantly improved
                  on the upcoming 396XT release, there will be one for the 996XT to make
                  the same change. This is just speculation, of course.

                  Joe M.

                • Jerry Mader
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                    I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it improves the audio.
                    Later
                    jerry Madder
                    NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
                    on 996XT.
                    We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

                    See
                    http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

                    On 1/3/2013 5:01 PM, Robert Klamp Jr. wrote:

                    > Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
                    > nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?
                    >
                    > Bob
                    >
                    > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                  • Ronski45
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 4, 2013
                      From
                      http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update-3.html#post1886772

                      The release date is _Monday_.
                      So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
                      overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
                      As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
                      as has been done before by others and myself?

                      On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

                      > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
                      > improves the audio.
                      > Later
                      > jerry Madder

                    • Bob
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                        for some reason their site is EXTREMELY slow, even on a normal day. I wish they would update their server or something. But not complaining here, just saying...
                        Maybe after someone gets it, they can put it up on the forum files section here. If that is OK with the boss (UPMan)
                        Happy New Year everyone,
                        Bob

                        So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
                        overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
                        As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
                        as has been done before by others and myself?

                        On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

                        > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
                        > improves the audio.
                        > Later
                        > jerry Madder

                      • awbuckleynj
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                          I can't get onto the site either. I hope this update goes live soon.

                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                            that's what I'm hoping too.
                            I have a screen reader that I use and that site is a bit slow so it makes my screen reader go nuts.
                            Is there any way i could ask that the file be uploaded to the files section along with the new BC VUP utility?
                            Thanks
                            Jerry mader