Re: [BCD396XT] Firmware Release?

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
      Might be next week.

      Joe M.

      motorolaastro wrote:
      > Dear group members does anybody have any updated information on when the new firmware will be released? This will be very helpful thank you...
    • Jerry Mader
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
        What all does this firmware address?
        And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
        I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.

        Thanks
        Jerry mader

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
          There was a link posted, but I think the only thing it
          addresses is enhanced performance on P25 LSM systems.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 2, 2013
            Ok thank you Joe.
            Jerry Mader

            Jerry Mader wrote:
            > What all does this firmware address?
            > And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
            > I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Jerry mader

          • Ronski45
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
              Know one knows when this is being made available yet.
              Jerry from my site
              http://webpages.charter.net/radiosite/MidmichiganScanner.html
              Owners of Uniden digital scanner model 396XT.
              New firmware to be released that will help address the garbled audio of
              simulcast radio systems.
              Simulcast systems - those with multiple towers in the area are Saginaw,
              Genesee county, Lapeer and Flint.
              Messages link
              <http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/255761-did-anyone-else-notice.html>,
              firmware link.
              <http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate>

              On 1/2/2013 5:37 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

              > What all does this firmware address?
              > And what all new enhansements does it have with it?
              > I missed the post about it. I just got my computer back.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Jerry mader

            • Robert Klamp Jr.
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
                nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?

                Bob

                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                  To ALL->
                  NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
                  on 996XT.
                  We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

                  See
                  http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                    I would suspect that if they find the audio to be significantly improved
                    on the upcoming 396XT release, there will be one for the 996XT to make
                    the same change. This is just speculation, of course.

                    Joe M.

                  • Jerry Mader
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 3, 2013
                      I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it improves the audio.
                      Later
                      jerry Madder
                      NO ONE KNOWS at all EXCEPT UNIDEN on the release date and if it will be
                      on 996XT.
                      We all just have to have patience and wait it out.

                      See
                      http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update.html

                      On 1/3/2013 5:01 PM, Robert Klamp Jr. wrote:

                      > Do you think they plan on releasing it for the 996XT as well, it should be
                      > nice to get my Base scanners off this yagi?
                      >
                      > Bob
                      >
                      > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

                    • Ronski45
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 4, 2013
                        From
                        http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/256657-please-read-upcoming-396xt-firmware-update-3.html#post1886772

                        The release date is _Monday_.
                        So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
                        overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
                        As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
                        as has been done before by others and myself?

                        On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

                        > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
                        > improves the audio.
                        > Later
                        > jerry Madder

                      • Bob
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                          for some reason their site is EXTREMELY slow, even on a normal day. I wish they would update their server or something. But not complaining here, just saying...
                          Maybe after someone gets it, they can put it up on the forum files section here. If that is OK with the boss (UPMan)
                          Happy New Year everyone,
                          Bob

                          So as in the many last firmware updates the download site(s) will be
                          overwhelmed for a couple days to the point you wont be able to get it.
                          As in the past if some one gets it upload it to the group FILES section
                          as has been done before by others and myself?

                          On 1/3/2013 7:47 PM, Jerry Mader wrote:

                          > I agree.I Can't wait for the new firmware, lol I wanna see how well it
                          > improves the audio.
                          > Later
                          > jerry Madder

                        • awbuckleynj
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                            I can't get onto the site either. I hope this update goes live soon.

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 5, 2013
                              that's what I'm hoping too.
                              I have a screen reader that I use and that site is a bit slow so it makes my screen reader go nuts.
                              Is there any way i could ask that the file be uploaded to the files section along with the new BC VUP utility?
                              Thanks
                              Jerry mader