RE: [BCD396XT] New to this

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 30, 2012
      You could try logging the P25 site with Pro96Com software with your UBCD396XT scanner.
      <http://www.psredit.com/pro96com/>

      This system ?

      Ergon Energy
      <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7274>

      I have limited information on a Utility company operating on the Australian P25 radio system I have the TTGID 106XX and the radio tags but no frequencies, how do I find the complete information to program the scanner?

      regards
      Absolute novice
    • OB
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 30, 2012
        Try aurfscan.com.au

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 31 Dec 2012, at 10:16, alan <alexwagga@...> wrote:

        > Hi Every one,
        > I use UBCD396xt AND Proscan
        > I have limited information on a Utility company operating on
        > the Australian P25 radio system
        > I have the TTGID 106XX and the radio tags
        > but no frequencies, how do I find the complete information
        > to program the scanner?
        >
        > regards
        > Absolute novice

      • Dan Wall
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 30, 2012
          Alex, If you are looking for Integral Energy, which I am only guessing from
          the TGID, you are in NSW, then you need to program the NSW Government
          Radio Service P25 network, with the transmitter site in your area, it's
          control channel and other frequencies. They are available at
          www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid= 6943

          Dan Wall
          Falcon Investigations, LLC
          Cell 719-433-1461
          Work 719-357-7393
          Sent from my T-Mobile SmartPhone

        • doctordialtone@att.net
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 30, 2012
            It seems to me that this could be resolved by simply building 3 identical Systems each one using its own Control Channel. That way between the display and the Quick Keys, you'll have control over what you want to hear.

            By labeling the Systems and Sites accordingly (>>> Control 1
            >>> Control 2>>> Control 3), you'd be able to - as quickly as your fingers will move - navigate to the System/Control Channel of interest. Use HOLD or DELAY at your discretion.

            OR, hit HOLD and scroll back and forth until you hear the traffic you are following from the appropriate Control Channel(s), labeled accordingly.

            In case anyone doesn't like this suggestion for any reason or thinks it won't work, please don't bother ripping it apart. It's my attempt at providing a workable solution.

            Happy New Year!

            > The original problem was described as the scanner moving on before the
            > operator had a chance to stop the scan. The delay would give enough time
            > to stop it before it starts, so that would solve the issue of it
            > starting to scan 'too fast'. You wouldn't have to return to the last
            > active channel because the scanner would still be there.
            >
            > I have a GRE unit that returns to the last active channel, and while
            > that is sometimes nice, it has drawbacks, too. If you want to move
            > several channels (or systems) ahead, you cannot because after you start
            > the scan, wait, then stop it you are back where you started. So, you are
            > forced to wear out the channel up button trying to get to a channel far
            > from where you are.
            >
            > What you need is a scanner that can read your thoughts of what you want
            > to do, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
            >
            > So, unless you want to create another problem, you have two choices:
            >
            > 1. Increase the delay so you have time to stop the scan where it is, or
            >
            > 2. Hit the button faster.
            >
            > Joe M.
            >
            > Tom Hayward wrote:
            > > No, delay is different. Delay does not let you return to the last hit after
            > > scanning resumes. There are many reasons why you would want to keep delay
            > > short but have a way to return to the last hit.
            > >
            > > Tom
            > >
            > > On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
            > >
            > >> **
            > >>

            > >> That's what the DELAY function is for, but he said he didn't want to use
            > >> that. I don't see the need for a new feature when a current feature
            > >> exists that will do what you want.
            > >>
            > >> Joe M.

            > >> of

            > >> by
            > >> user
            > >> another

          • alan
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 31, 2012
              Thanking the assistance given I found the frequencies I
              needed as below
              thanks All

              On Mon 31-Dec-2012 2:00 PM, Dan Wall wrote:

              > Alex, If you are looking for Integral Energy, which I am
              > only guessing from
              > the TGID, you are in NSW, then you need to program the NSW
              > Government
              > Radio Service P25 network, with the transmitter site in
              > your area, it's
              > control channel and other frequencies. They are available at
              > www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid= 6943
              >
              > Dan Wall
              > Falcon Investigations, LLC
              > Cell 719-433-1461
              > Work 719-357-7393
              > Sent from my T-Mobile SmartPhone
              > On Dec 30, 2012 7:17 PM, "alan"
              > <alexwagga@...
              > <mailto:alexwagga%40internode.on.net>> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Hi Every one,
              > > I use UBCD396xt AND Proscan
              > > I have limited information on a Utility company operating on
              > > the Australian P25 radio system
              > > I have the TTGID 106XX and the radio tags
              > > but no frequencies, how do I find the complete information
              > > to program the scanner?
              > >
              > > regards
              > > Absolute novice

            • Doug Hutton
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 31, 2012
                Folks, y'all are making this suggestion WAY more complicated than it
                deserves. Of the 5 commenters,
                only Tom Hayward has thought this through carefully and understands
                what I would like to get fixed and why.
                He described my situation exactly with a little more detail than I provided.

                The main EDACS system I monitor is large with lots of traffic. A longer
                DELAY is not a good solution
                because I would miss replies and other traffic. My suggestion is a very
                simple one with no downside that I can
                think of and deserves some serious consideration. Uniden has used it in
                a previous trunking scanner, so it must
                have some merit.

                Doug

                1g Re: Firmware Release suggestion
                Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:32 pm (PST) . Posted by:
                "MCH" NCC74656_USS_Voyager

                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 31, 2012
                  I posted an example of a downside based
                  on the use of that exact feature.

                  Should it be considered, of course. But, it's not
                  a simple win-win feature. There are drawbacks.
                  (not to mention the fact that there will be users
                  whose scanner works one way, and others whose
                  scanner works a different way. That will confuse some)

                  If it is added, I would hope it will only be as a user-settable
                  feature, as I want the scanner to scan when it is in scan mode.

                  Joe M.

                  Doug Hutton wrote:
                  > My suggestion is a very simple one with no downside that I can
                  > think of and deserves some serious consideration.
                • Robert Klamp
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 31, 2012
                    But if you want to return to the last hit by pressing hold how is that any different than the scanner waiting 4 more seconds or so before moving on. Sure you could have it do that but as soon as it picked up another transmission on another channel that would become your last hit. And will accomplish nothing but returning to a channel that if held for 5 seconds you would here the response anyway. And if Uniden did have it in earlier trunking models they must have had good reason to re-think its implementation and came to the same conclusion most people on the board did that it is unnecessary . If you want that feature so bad trade your 996 for a 500 GRE scanners do that and it drives me nuts.

                    Bob

                    Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Windows® phone.