Kenwood Nextedge Digital

  • ericfatherree
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
      Does anyone know if the Nextedge Digital system will work on a scanner, the radio companies say you have to have specific radios to pick up the "Nextedge" system. I have it programed and settings in but will not pick up any traffic.
    • Mark Levine, D.C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
        You cannot decode Kenwood NXDG with any scanner. There are some people out
        there using a discriminator tapped receiver with special computer software.
        It's not easy and rather an involved process.

        ML

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
          It won't, and I doubt that it will ever be supported in any scanner
          unless they come out with one that has user-installable CODECs.

          Joe M.